Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Disgrace.

Options
  • 14-12-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I buy a new phone, new number.
    I apply for: 'Free calls and texts, to any Meteor number.'
    I top up by €20 and receive a free €5 credit, for registering online. ( I checked, and had €25)

After using my phone, for little over a week.
    I check my balance, and I have €3.75 left.

I ring customer care, and they tell me that I am registered for the 'free meteor talk and text' but there was a mistake, and I'm actually being charged for every text and call.
    The guy tops me up by €20 credit, so I'm definitely registered for the plan.
    Then he takes the €20 back, and I'm left with €3.75

"Excuse me, but what's the ****ing story with a refund?"
    He tells me that I don't get one.

People make mistakes, blah blah etc.

Don't care, I'm now out of €20.25 credit.
    €15.25 of my own money, because one of Meteor's chimps, made a mistake.

That is disgraceful.
    Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

email Meteor Customer support, and also Comreg. see askcomreg.ie. Keep all your receipts etc.

I'd say you are in with a good chance of getting your money back.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I've had the odd problem, and they've always sorted very quickly it over the phone. Try giving them a ring and getting onto someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Did you top up €20 and then apply for the free offer? Or did you apply for the free offer first, then top up €20?

If its the later, then meteor are in the wrong and should refund you in full for credit deducted.

If its the former, then you are completely in the wrong here as you must top up €20 AFTER applying for the free offer, which you did not do. You're not entitled to a cent in this case, although from a good PR point of view they might budge and refund you anyway. They are well within their rights to refuse to do so however.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

Hi, I applied for the plan/deal, before I topped up.
    Thanks.

FoxT wrote: »
    email Meteor Customer support

"There were problems that prevented your query from being submitted. Please review and correct them below."

All the details/options are correct!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

I buy a new phone, new number.
    I top up by €20 and receive a free €5 credit, for registering online. ( I checked, and had €25)
    I apply for: 'Free calls and texts, to any Meteor number.'

if you did things in the order above then i suspect meteor are correct in this case but im open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Get back onto them so, ask to speak with a supervisor if you don't get anywhere.

I rang customer support again, and a very friendly polite woman refunded me for every call and text I shouldn't of been charged for.

Thank you everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

ThisNoize wrote: »
    Hi, I applied for the plan/deal, before I topped up.
    Thanks.

After you registered for the plan, did you get the SMS confirming your priceplan was updated?

And did they explicitly tell you that you were on the plan at the time you topped up? If they did, then don't let it go.

Topping you up wasn't necessarily an admission that you were definitely on the plan- it could just have been a goodwill gesture to give you free calls and texts- they can't just update the account to have free calls/texts, it's an automated process which can only be done by €20 being added to the account balance, which is why they took it away again.

(By the was, did you actually swear at them as your original post seems to imply? "What's the ****ing story with a refund?" in quotations? Never advisable, if you're firm and persistent, but polite about it; they tend to show goodwill in my experience. Calling them "chimps" as you did in your o.p. is also uncalled for, and "disgraceful".)

jordainius wrote: »
    After you registered for the plan, did you get the SMS confirming your priceplan was updated?

And did they explicitly tell you that you were on the plan at the time you topped up? If they did, then don't let it go.

Topping you up wasn't necessarily an admission that you were definitely on the plan- it could just have been a goodwill gesture to give you free calls and texts- they can't just update the account to have free calls/texts, it's an automated process which can only be done by €20 being added to the account balance, which is why they took it away again.

(By the was, did you actually swear at them as your original post seems to imply? "What's the ****ing story with a refund?" in quotations? Never advisable, if you're firm and persistent, but polite about it; they tend to show goodwill in my experience. Calling them "chimps" as you did in your o.p. is also uncalled for, and "disgraceful".)

Yes they did. The man simply said: "You're on the plan, but we made a mistake"
    Did you even read the OP? Jesus.

No of course not, I didn't swear at anyone.
    Lighten up, it's an expression.

It is nothing short of a disgrace, if I hadn't of gotten a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

ThisNoize wrote: »
    Yes they did. The man simply said: "You're on the plan, but we made a mistake"
    Did you even read the OP? Jesus.
    I did read the OP, which is why I asked you the question, as your post/rant didn't make things very clear.
    No of course not, I didn't swear at anyone.
    Lighten up, it's an expression.
    You used quotations, which implies that it's a direct quote. It's not a very common expression for the record, and I don't think I really need to point out the irony of you (who posted a rant which included an expletive and called Meteor's employee's "chimp's") telling someone to lighten up :rolleyes: Not to mention, your use of the word "Jesus". I'm starting to see why that guy took the €20 back.
    It is nothing short of a disgrace, if I hadn't of gotten a refund.
    Yeah that's a real disgrace alright :rolleyes: The word's perspective and reality-check come to mind.
    Also, learn the difference between the word "have" and "of".

Advertisement