If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Blu ray player for christmas

Options
  • 14-12-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Back again to see if you can again give me a great deal. This time i was wondering if you could recommend a nice blu ray player. I had my eye on the
    BDP310, but i am open to suggestions. I think my budget would be €150. I would like to hopefully pick this up in Dublin. Friday will be my last day in town.:D

Thanks in Adavnce

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

Back again to see if you can again give me a great deal. This time i was wondering if you could recommend a nice blu ray player. I had my eye on the
    BDP310, but i am open to suggestions. I think my budget would be €150. I would like to hopefully pick this up in Dublin. Friday will be my last day in town.:D

Thanks in Adavnce

Screw,

Nice to hear from you again - hows your 7404 going - it's getting on a bit now - you need to look at getting a newer TV :D

Anyway we have just had the new BDP2700 delivered:

DivX Ultra Certified for enhanced playback of DivX videos

• 1080p at 24 fps for cinema-like images
    • Subtitle Shift for widescreen without any missing subtitles
    • DVD video upscaling to 1080p via HDMI for near-HD images
    • Dolby TrueHD for high fidelity 7.1 surround sound
    • BD-Live (Profile 2.0) to enjoy online Blu-ray bonus content
    • Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Link plays video/music from USB flash drives
    • EasyLink controls all EasyLink products with a single remote

bdp2700_05_rtf_.jpg

I have been playing with one of these over the weekend and they really are a great bit of kit for under €100!!!!!!!!

I have PM'd you a returning Customer Boardie price!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

does this have DTS-HD?

and is it available in dublin? and can i have a boardies price?

these br players massively confuse me with their different profiles? whats the story with internet connection on them? can you browse websites and the like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Folks

A little run down of our new Blu-Ray player range..

BDP2700 BD-Live (Profile2) Wired Ethernet, no NET TV. Wont output DTS MA via HDMI - Retails €99.99
    BDP3100 BD-Live (Profile2) Wired Ethernet, No NET TV. will output DD TrueHD and DTS MA via HDMI - Retails €149.99
    BDP5180 BD-Live (Profile2) Wired Ethernet (wireless dongle to become available apparently) , 3D Ready, NET TV. will output DD TrueHD and DTS MA via HDMI - Retails €199.99
    BDP7500B2 BD-Live (Profile2) Wired Ethernet (wireless dongle to become available apparently), 3D Ready, NET TV. will output DD TrueHD and DTS MA via HDMI or can decode internally and output via analogue outs - Retails €249.99

The BDP2700 is a great little player thats best suited to senarios where it will be plugged only into a TV.
    It produces a great image - we use a few in the shop.

The BDP3100 and up is where things get a little more interesting as these players can happily plug into an AV receiver via HDMI and give you access to the various uncompressed sound formats on BR Discs

The BDP7500B2 will be perfect for those of us whose (older..) AV receivers dont decode DDTrueHD or DTS MA put have 5.1/7.1 analogue inputs as this player can decode these formats internally and pass the decoded signal to the amp - meaning you can still enjoy the newer sound formats on your existing amp.

Hope that clears things up:)

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Picked up my nice new blu ray player on friday, thanks to all the Richersound crew for a great deal.:D

Happy christmas:rolleyes:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.