Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footfall figues for Cork City Centre

Options
  • 14-12-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know where I could find up to date footfall figures for cork city centre, aka Patrick Street and Grand Parade? Looking for the figures for May/ June specifically but anytime would do. I've tried getting in contact with the city council, poster display, etc and have got no word back. Urgently need these for a work project! If anyone knows that'd be fantastic, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

for cork city centre, aka Patrick Street and Grand Parade?
    Since when has Cork cith centre also been known as Patrick Street and Grand Parade?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 susiewoozie

Im looking for the footfall figures for Patrick Street and Grand Parade, never said that cork city centre was that. Read it again and you'll notice that

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

As far as I know footfall figures are only done up by the Local Authorities once every few years as part of their review into the Retail Strategy for the region. Every Region would have a Retail Strategy which must be adhered to by the Councils and would rate the importance of the various retail centres eg Cork City would be Tier 1 for the Cork Region and Retail development in the region must not put at risk the status of the city centre. Thats the theory anyway. See here http://www.corkcity.ie/newdevelopmentplan/retailstrategy/
    However for more up to date footfall figures, I would contact a business body like Cork Chamber or the Cork Business Association as they would monitor these more often. The CBA especially seems to represent City Centre businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

never said that cork city centre was that. Read it again and you'll notice that
    for cork city centre, aka Patrick Street and Grand Parade?
    What part did I misread exactly?

Ignore me. I was just being a pedantic a***hole.:D

I hope you found rebs23's post to be of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You could try the Cork chamber of commerce - they may know themselves or know how to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

You could try

Cork Marketing Partnership

Tel: + 353 21 431 7895

Email: info@corkmarketingpartnership.ie

Advertisement