Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No O2 reception at home?

Options
  • 14-12-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Hi i have an o2 phone on contract. The prob is recently there is no reception at home. I went into my O2 store recently and was told that the local aerial had been turned off and would be back up and running the following week however since then (this was september) no reception. Phone works fine when in work or anyother part of the country.

Given it's useless to me at home especially with holidays are coming up can i get out of my contract with them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

did you contact O2 Customer support, or just the shop, shop can't help you really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Somnia

Not sure if this will help but I had really poor O2 coverage in my basement office, and I bought a mobile phone repeater (www.mobilerepeater.co.uk but they have an Irish rep) for about 200 euro - and now I have 5 bars. I got it in the post, and it was simple to setup. Consists of an arial you place down the garden (or wherever you have 5 bars), and a 10m cable to another tiny arial outside the window of my office. Saves me making and taking calls down the garden.

So check if you have 5 or any bars, anywhere in your garden / on your roof, and this might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Somnia wrote: »
    Not sure if this will help but I had really poor O2 coverage in my basement office, and I bought a mobile phone repeater (www.mobilerepeater.co.uk but they have an Irish rep) for about 200 euro - and now I have 5 bars. I got it in the post, and it was simple to setup. Consists of an arial you place down the garden (or wherever you have 5 bars), and a 10m cable to another tiny arial outside the window of my office. Saves me making and taking calls down the garden.

So check if you have 5 or any bars, anywhere in your garden / on your roof, and this might help.
    Theyre a kind of a legal grey area TBH

Really ? Can you explain. I assumed it's 100% legit. Never even thought about it.
    At the time I recall phoning O2 as well, and the rep said they would be bringing out a booster / repeater themselves for houses/offices with poor coverage.

You have to be fully licensed by comreg to do them (only one that does them so far legitimatly is 3)

• Advertisement

Do you mean the uk co needs to be fully licenced to sell them ? I assumed they were.
    But, is there any issue with me actually using one ?
    The range is quite short - it does not help me in a room upstairs for example (thick walls etc).

And thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

akamossie wrote: »
    did you contact O2 Customer support, or just the shop, shop can't help you really.

Yeah rang them and they said they'd forward on a report and see if anytoher complaints from the area had come in and would ring me back in 4-5 days. I suspect i'll be waiting though:rolleyes:

No AFAIK you cant be done for having one, but id still be hesitant about buying one nonetheless

Advertisement