Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy snow/ice chains for my boots in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-12-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

As per the topic I'm looking to buy chains I can attach to my boots to give me some grip on the ice when it comes back.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

dont know how these compare to prices within ireland, but keep on eye out as you get free shipping on orders over £25 when supplied by amazon (not another supplier) & amazon do ship both sizes, you just have to catch them when they become available...

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Online, you can also buy from www.yaktrax.co.uk

I have a pair of these, and they worked wonders in the recent snow & ice we had. I could walk around like normal while everyone else slowly shuffled there way around the place. :D We may only get these icy snowy conditions once in a blue moon, but buying & being able to go about my day as normal was SO worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Out and about on Talbot street are selling them for 29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Barney Magoo

€30 in sports/outdoors shop in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre, but selling fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The great outdoors on Chatam Street said they might have them back in tomorrow morning for €29.99. Looks like everyone is looking for them (I heard a few people talking about them in the shop) and the shop assistant had that "not another one" look when asked.

• Advertisement

dont know how these compare to prices within ireland, but keep on eye out as you get free shipping on orders over £25 when supplied by amazon (not another supplier) & amazon do ship both sizes, you just have to catch them when they become available...

W.

The missus bought two pairs of these exact ones and got them delivered just at the end of the last cold snap recently, and they are the business. My brother in law who is a postman also uses them for work and recommends them.

TBH i wouldn't even think about shopping around for them. Get them as soon as you see them available at any reasonable price, because they're flying off the shelves. With what looks like being a record-breakingly cold winter ahead of us, the first time you land on your arse after slipping on ice you'll kick yourself for not buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Ordered these

http://www.grabitnow.com/

GBP12.32 free delivery to Ireland - arrived in about 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

banchang wrote: »
    Ordered these

http://www.grabitnow.com/

GBP12.32 free delivery to Ireland - arrived in about 2 days

Its says delivery only to the UK, How did you get shipping available to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

UK is shaded in - just ignore this.

Under county, just put Dublin, Ireland.

As I say, arrived 2 days later, no problem.

Have ordered lots more from this site without problem

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Just got a pair on Talbot Street, in 'Out N' About'. Said they got a delivery today. €29.99, they do the job nicely!

• Advertisement
Advertisement