Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's parking like at Portlaoise train station

Options
  • 14-12-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Starting commute to Dublin on train, will have to drive to Portlaoise train station. Can't remember when I was there last so just wondering what parking pacilities are like. Is there a car park? How much does it cost? Does it get full early?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

2 a day or 8 a week. I don't know how full it gets as i am in Portarlington.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

Thanks Elvis. 2 a day sounds pretty fair.

What's the train itself like, I assume it gets pretty packed?

Are they always on time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Honestly rearly on time and if you get on in Portlaoise you'll always get a seat.

Mostly its 10 to 15 min delays but if a train is 9 mins late its on time according to Irish Rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I don't commute to Dublin but anytime I'd be heading up and decided to take the train instead of driving I would almost always go from Portarlington because the car park over there is huge compared to Portlaoise and you'd always get a space. The carpark at Potlaoise can be a nightmare to get in or out of at times but if you are going to be going very early it might be safe enough to get a spot.

Advertisement