Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire HD + Nokia ck-7w = echo

• 14-12-2010 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone I call gets an awful echo when I've called them with the is carkit. It's ok on my bluetooth headset.

I'v been reading that it's possibly something to do with "a2dp" but I can't find an option to turn it off.

Is rooting my only option to get rid of this as I really need to use the car kit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

did you check for compatibility??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

The cause would be old bluetooth platform on the kit is not compatable with new bluetooth on phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

Have the same problem with a my Samsung Galaxy S with a nokia ck-7w car kit. Cant find a solution either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and a Nokia Ck-7W car kit and experience no echoes at all. The car kit used to crash with my old N95 8GB though.

Have a look in application manager to see what apps might be running in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Ah, remember my boss talking about this. Found a quote from another site which explains it;
    The problem lies in the nokia implementation of the carkit (bluetooth)...
    The echo cancel functionality at nokia is build into the phone and not the carkit. This is realy frustrating for nokia carkit users (i am one to).
    Other non-Nokia car kits have the echo canceling function built in. Maybe later Nokia kits have it but the CK-7W doesn't.

Good placement of the mic/Nokia-speaker would minimise the issue but it wouldn't go away 100%

• Advertisement
Advertisement