Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And now for something American!..

• 14-12-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Fresno-Area High School Wrestler Faces Trial Over ‘Butt Drag’ Move
    FRESNO (AP) — The trial has been pushed back for a Central California high school wrestler charged with the sexual battery of an opponent during a practice match.
    Defense lawyer Stephen Quade told the Fresno Bee that his 17-year-old client is now scheduled to go to trial on Jan. 13 in juvenile court. The trial had been set to start Thursday.

Clovis police say the boy is accused of ramming his fingers into the rectum of his opponent during a July practice, but Quade argues he used a legitimate move called the “butt drag.” Quade said the move is commonly used in wrestling.
    Prosecutors had offered to dismiss the case if the teen stayed out of trouble for several months, but Quade said his client would reject the deal because he didn’t do anything wrong.
    On Thursday, the judge placed a gag order on the case.

And the source, with some video.

Well all I can say is that has to be a pain in the arse :p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Legit move. Just ask Richie Moore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

funny_sports_pics1.jpg

I think I'd rather have the finger rim'n!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

thankfully in judo and bjj (Afaik) inserting your fingers into any orifice - mouth, ear, anus, vagina is forbidden and instant qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

I've heard of this referred to as an "oil check", and it seems to a legit, if slightly frowned upon (and unsavoury) technique

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Happens in Gaelic football too according to what some guy wrote in the Independent a few months ago. A few years ago a guy from judo told me it went on in wrestling,but I didn't believe him at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Old hockey coach used to say " If you're not close enough to give him aids then you're not close enough ". Touching of the opponent was encouraged as it mucks with their Psyche. Lucky enough it's staff vs teachers on Tuesday I'm ready to show i listened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭p to the e

thankfully in judo and bjj (Afaik) inserting your fingers into any orifice - mouth, ear, anus, vagina is forbidden and instant qualification.

I'm sure you mean disqualification otherwise I'm happy not to do an apprenticeship in this. I've heard from friends it happens in water polo aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

What's a 17-year-old doing wrestling a 14 year old anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

An interesting technique for maintaining a good grip lol
    Theres a combo for that i think.....The second part is called smell my finger.
    Used for head control and submissions :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement