Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Options
  • 14-12-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

TV Tokyo announced late last night that there is a new Yu-Gi-Oh! series beginning in Spring 2011.

This show is called:
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

5587492820101213144931047.jpg
    55874928201012140816240.jpg

EDIT: Wikia page

I am excited!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Just another spinoff. It'll be about as terrible as the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Another series...?

tbh, they should have just given up after the 5D's series, and put more focus into the associated TCG...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I watched the original arks up to the ark which completed with
    Yu-Gi-Oh fighting his alternate self and winning allowing his alternate self to finally go to rest by beating the three God cards using his three robo combo
    . This was around episode 2xx I guess; any arks/spin offs after that worth bothering with?

Nody wrote: »
    I watched the original arks up to the ark which completed with
    Yu-Gi-Oh fighting his alternate self and winning allowing his alternate self to finally go to rest by beating the three God cards using his three robo combo
    . This was around episode 2xx I guess; any arks/spin offs after that worth bothering with?
    Far as I'm concerned, if it's not based on Kazuki Takahashi's manga, it's not worth bothering with.

Whether or not the series based on the original manga is worth bothering with is another matter entirely. :V

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Far as I'm concerned, if it's not based on Kazuki Takahashi's manga, it's not worth bothering with.

Whether or not the series based on the original manga is worth bothering with is another matter entirely. :V
    Story: Kazuki Takahashi and Studio Dice

Nuff said

• Advertisement

Wow, he's still milking it himself?

I am surprised.

If the fans love Yu-Gi-Oh!, why would he NOT stop making it.

I wasn't aware Yu-Gi-Oh! still had any fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I wasn't aware Yu-Gi-Oh! still had any fans.

There is a small but dedicated group who still play the card game too....there is actually a tournament in January.

I say live and let live. Eventually it will die out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

There is a small but dedicated group who still play the card game too....there is actually a tournament in January.

Card game and the anime are two distinct things with distinct fanbases though... e.g. I still pay some attention to the TCG, but stopped giving a crap about the anime years ago.

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Card game and the anime are two distinct things with distinct fanbases though... e.g. I still pay some attention to the TCG, but stopped giving a crap about the anime years ago.
    It's not a TCG it's a CCG. :P

[/pedant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

as long as it's not on motorcycles it'll be some improvment - right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

batbaby wrote: »
    as long as it's not on motorcycles it'll be some improvment - right??
    Will there be the power of friendship, possibly In America?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Anyone here watch cardgamesftw dubs of Yu-Gi-Oh on youtube? Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Jaafa wrote: »
    I wonder if the new series of Yu-Gi-Oh! will have...

The abridged series by Little Kuriboh is hilarious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Omg yu gi oh lovers! Heya x

I cant wait to go visit the country he lives in! I wonder what ill look like as a cartoon character? I bet ill look soo cool! My mom says ive an imagination (shes a lier lol x) but yeah itl be so fun to battle dragons but i really hope i dont die cos then ill go into that black hole in the ground that yu gi went in to :( But im sure yu gi wil rescue me cos he loves me <3 ill be like his princess peach and hell be my mario hehe! :) <333

The abridged series by Little Kuriboh is hilarious too.

LittleKuriboh is CardGamesFTW but his account has been suspended since.
    Ninjabridge is his account now.

--

Hopefully, Zexal will be easy to abridge lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I stopped watching after they changed Kaiba's hair from green to brown :(

Sellouts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Varkov wrote: »

Sellouts...

Screw the rules I have green hair!

• Advertisement

Varkov wrote: »

Sellouts...

That was only in Series Zero where they did not show it outside of Japan. Did you see a fandub or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

It sucks because it's aimed at 8 year old though. The Japanese are incapable of making a show for the 12 - 18 target audience without filling it with toilet humour, sexual references and fan service. It's too stupid to be for adults, so the only target audience possible is under 12s. Watch something with a little more depth!

Also...

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!

Advertisement