Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to browse boards from iphone 3gs

Options
  • 14-12-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I have an iPhone 3GS and everytime that I try to view boards.ie, m.boards.ie and some other sites on the safari browser when using the 3G connection it redirects me to the following URL
    This however doesn't happen when I am connected to my wifi connection in the house?

I have restored my iphone and set it up as a new phone, I have also cleared all cache, cookies etc from the safari app and yet no joy.

Can anybody help with this as it is driving me nuts at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What operator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Happened to me on vodafone. I went into a voadafone store with some ID and they removed the age restriction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

It is actually on vodafone network also.. Will give their customer support a call now to see if that is the issue.
    Thanks for the tip Brian017

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Yip the call to customer care has solved the issue! :) They had an age restriction which the iPhone team lifted for me over the phone.

For some reason I am old enough to pay them via direct debit each month but not old enough to decide what sites I want to browse.. :confused::confused:

Anyways Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That's something I didn't know - when you connect to Vodafone, you're connecting to NAT? It must be, since IP addresses starting with 10 aren't permitted on the Internet, they are reserved for use on private networks. I suppose O2 and the rest do that too - saves on "real" IP addresses. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
Advertisement