Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three O'clock Slump

• 14-12-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

3pm seems to be an awful time on radio.

Mooney squeeking on rte and moncreif waffeling on NT.

Anyone reccomend anything decent to listen to around this time?

can be online also :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The solution is probably to use the bbc iplayer and have a trawl of BBC radio 4 and 7.

If you like classic rock I'd listen to www.zenithclassicrock.com

http://89.238.146.140:7860/ for their automated playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Podcasts of earlier shows. Thats what I do anyway, except RTE takes ages to put them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yup.

podcasts.

sucks i know if your wandering about on your mobile phone's radio and have no MP3 player but post 3 is a wasteland.

ive got the second half of the dunphy show lined up along with sam smyth on sunday for after that (always turn dunphy off on the sports section , ive no interest in it)

TBH the only thing worse than the 3 to 4.30 period is the WHOLE post 2pm period on a saturday/sunday.

yup.

podcasts.

sucks i know if your wandering about on your mobile phone's radio and have no MP3 player but post 3 is a wasteland.

ive got the second half of the dunphy show lined up along with sam smyth on sunday for after that (always turn dunphy off on the sports section , ive no interest in it)

TBH the only thing worse than the 3 to 4.30 period is the WHOLE post 2pm period on a saturday/sunday.

Agreed. Dont get me wrong, I love sport, and I love Off the Ball, but sweet jesus, sports overload on RTE and Newstalk.

Weekend evenings I never listen to the radio anyway so couldnt care less but the afternoon period is torture when youre in the car on the go somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

yup.

podcasts.

What does "Yup" mean? I never hear anyone I talk to saying "yup", except that fool Ian O Doherty in the Irish Indo uses it to illustrate all his smart arse article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I like Moncrief to be honest. Usually something interesting on around that time.
    Each to their own, etc.......
    Also, MP3 players ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

telekon wrote: »
    Agreed. Dont get me wrong, I love sport, and I love Off the Ball, but sweet jesus, sports overload on RTE and Newstalk.

Weekend evenings I never listen to the radio anyway so couldnt care less but the afternoon period is torture when youre in the car on the go somewhere...

Internet radio horse, cuts the chains from the mundane and turgid,and releases one into the verdant valley of choice and diversion, where the globe is at your fingertips, and you have access to the culture and vibrance of eclectic tastes and you can wallow in the sounds of exotic exciting experiences.

Derryleigh wrote: »
    What does "Yup" mean? I never hear anyone I talk to saying "yup", except that fool Ian O Doherty in the Irish Indo uses it to illustrate all his smart arse article.

That time of the month again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Podcasts is the way to go usually listen to the previous nights off the ball.
    itunes have a good selection of podcasts bbc and talksport i find itunes
    very slow if anyone has a quicker recomendation it would be greatly
    appreciated

Advertisement