Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand retro games

• 14-12-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was on Grafton Street yesterday and wandered into a game store up towards Stephen's Green which buys and sells old games from any console.

But I cannot remember the name of the place. Does anyone have any idea what it is called and if they give good prices for old games, especially PS1 games.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The prices are scandalous and the selection poor. Not really worth it. RAGE on fade street is much better but so far they don't do CD based games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder will he eventually get some disc based games in? It'll be a pain dealing with scratches...but they'd definitely sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bnev

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a few old PS1 games that I am trying to sell. Any idea what shop would be the best for this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I wonder will he eventually get some disc based games in? It'll be a pain dealing with scratches...but they'd definitely sell.

I think they are thinking about it since it's been far more successful than they thought it would be. Just goes to show that if you give good customer service and fair prices you can do well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »

the place is 50% vinyl sales so I'd say they've dealt with discs before :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Was in that shop on Grafton street today, brought a few PS2 games to trade. Madness, he gave me 17 euro for about 7 PS2 games, and that was cold, hard CASH money. They might want to change their price structure. While they give very good trade-in value the price of the stock they have is too much, they should knock like 5-8 euro off most stuff straight away. I hope they do it sooner rather than later because rent on that street is a fortune and they'll just go under :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I remembered about that new shop on the way home from work today. Couldn't find it though. Walked down passed HMV looking everywhere but nothing.

Eventually I walked back up Grafton street and there it was. Dunno what it is about that spot, but it seems to make shops invisible. When you finally do know it's there you can't understand how you missed it.

Anyway, great space..but the selection was pretty poor. They need to get more quality titles in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Augmerson wrote: »
    Was in that shop on Grafton street today, brought a few PS2 games to trade. Madness, he gave me 17 euro for about 7 PS2 games, and that was cold, hard CASH money. They might want to change their price structure. While they give very good trade-in value the price of the stock they have is too much, they should knock like 5-8 euro off most stuff straight away. I hope they do it sooner rather than later because rent on that street is a fortune and they'll just go under :/
    What kind of games were they though!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Alone in The Dark: The New Nightmare
    Alone in the Dark 4
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    Dead or Alive 2
    1945 1 & 2
    Oni
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Spawn: Armageddon
    Smuggler's Run

Got 8 euro for Capcom vs SNK 2. I probably wouldn't have gotten 5 euro at Gamestop so for those games, it wasn't too bad.

Advertisement