Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak and Seafood restaurants

Options
  • 14-12-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭

The ould lad’s a fan of his steak, and my Ma will always go for seafood when she’s out, so as part of their Christmas presents I’m thinking of getting them a voucher for a steak and seafood restaurant in the city centre, or not far from the D9 area.

I’m being made redundant early in the new year, so I won’t be able to break the bank – I’m basically looking to cover a three-course meal with a half-bottle of wine and a beer or two for as little as possible, provided the food’s decent enough, obviously.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Should have requested a ballpark estimate for 2 3-course meals with a few drinks.

Thanks so far for the replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

FXB's are pretty good at that sort of thing. I particularly like the Crow Street one, though they also have restaurants in Ryan's of Parkgate Street and the Bull & Castle, Christchurch. Dunno if you can get one voucher to cover all of them, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

+1 on fxb's.. Was in their Pembroke st one in October.. Had the 10oz fillet and it was the business.. GF had the set menu for 30 euro(starter, main and dessert).. With a full bottle of wine think it came in around the 100 quid mark..

Although i couldnt walk after the steak.. was stuffed!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Chez Max, beside Dublin Castle is the business and do a great steak and Chips...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

+2 on FXB. Only ever been in Bull and Castle but it's lovely. My dad does be in Parkgate St one a lot from work and he says that's lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

One Pico on Schoolhouse lane has the best steak I've had in a long time.

Can't fault Marco Pierre White either. Lovely, but spendy.

FXB isn't really my style, but I know many people enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Went to FXB's on Crow street on Monday night, got steak and scallops..... most amazing steak i have ever tasted. My mum got the fishermans pie which was really tasty too! 4 of us went, we all had a drink and we all had 3 courses and it only came to €116! I have been there lots of times before but the steak was really lovely this time! Really enjoy it every time i go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Right, the consensus from both internet and IRL folk seems to be that FXBs is the way to go.

I’ve got them a voucher for €100 which should hopefully cover a decent meal.

Cheers, all.

Advertisement