Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi

Options
  • 14-12-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

got a free upgrade from eircom or so they say it is,i was on the 1mb deal and now im up to 8 mb,absoloutley no differance what so ever in my opinion.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

lennongrad wrote: »
    got a free upgrade from eircom or so they say it is,i was on the 1mb deal and now im up to 8 mb,absoloutley no differance what so ever in my opinion.:confused:
    Hi lennongrad

you would normally notice some improvement if upgraded to NGB. If you would like me to investigate this PM me your line no.
    I can do some tests here and see where the issue may be.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

sorry to hijack this thread but i returned to eircom from perlico because they wer nothing but a diaster.anyway i got my line reactivated with ye with new number on friday but am still waitng for my broadband to be activated.any reason why.im on the bundle deal for 46 a month with 8mb ngb broadband.any help would be great

sorry to hijack this thread but i returned to eircom from perlico because they wer nothing but a diaster.anyway i got my line reactivated with ye with new number on friday but am still waitng for my broadband to be activated.any reason why.im on the bundle deal for 46 a month with 8mb ngb broadband.any help would be great

Hi alanhiggyno1

no problem, we're here to help. It can take 2 to 5 days to have broadband activated after line has been provided, however if you PM me your line no I can chase this and let you know when you shoul dhave your broadband.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi tony sent u pm there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lennongrad

no reply from u tony,still non the wiser.

• Advertisement

no reply from u tony,still non the wiser.

Hi lennongrad

my apologies for not getting back sooner, we are on Boards.ie between the hours of 11:00 and 16:00 so did not get your PM until this morning.

I have taken tests on your line and can see that you are are quite a distance from your local exchange. This means that your line is only capable of the 1mb you mentioned and even upgrading to NGB was unable to deliver a higher speed.
    My apologies but at this time we cannot provide a higher speed.
    If you would like any further info on this or have anu other query please let me know.
    Tony

any chance i will ever recieve faster broadband,the neighbours of mine are on wimax and their speed is lightning and the package is cheaper,can u do anything for me tony,getin nailed with big bills for use of phone also,and yor vat is not a bit cheap,the new product doesnt do what it says on the tin,not surprised.:(

Hi Lennongrad
    I am afraid it doesn't seem that this line is capable of higher speeds at the moment, even though exchange has been upgraded to NGB. Have asked line technician and have been advised distance and line prohibit faster speeds. To increase speed wouold cause connection to drop...Sorry, could not do more to improve your service.
    Tony

cheers tony,happy cribbo to you and you family.

cheers tony,happy cribbo to you and you family.

Thanks lennongrad you too.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement