Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two droids. One google account. Profit!

• 14-12-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

If you have two phones and set them up with the one google account can you get already paid for apps on the both of them?

Actually now that i type that it sounds immoral :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes but that second phone will also have your e-mail,calendar and contacts which is a bit silly after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Chet T16 wrote: »
    If you have two phones and set them up with the one google account can you get already paid for apps on the both of them?

Actually now that i type that it sounds immoral :rolleyes:
    i wouldnt bargain on it. im sure google forsaw something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have a LG gt540 and am getting a new phone at Christmas. Will all my paid for apps still be downloadable on my new phone ? Don't really want to buy them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Yes but that second phone will also have your e-mail,calendar and contacts which is a bit silly after all

Yeah i had thought of after, half the usefulness of android is the syncing with google so phone no. 2 needs its own google account.

I was just thinking about it for when the wife has her android and if there was any paid apps i have i could download them to hers under my account. Maybe i could do that then change to her google account

Meh, i don't think i have anything she would need except maybe swiftkey but i don't begrudge paying the few quid if i have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ste- wrote: »
    Have a LG gt540 and am getting a new phone at Christmas. Will all my paid for apps still be downloadable on my new phone ? Don't really want to buy them again.
    Yep once you log into your google account theyll be ready and waiting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yeah, I had some installed on two phones, but under the same account.

Apps are cheap, but not as cheap as some people. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I was just thinking about it for when the wife has her android and if there was any paid apps i have i could download them to hers under my account. Maybe i could do that then change to her google account

Just so you know you can't do this. If you download apps under one google account you can't change the google account associated with the phone without wiping it and thus losing all the apps

Yeah, thats what i was thinking from reading the link above

Titanium Backup might help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Titanium Backup might help...

...restore the original account?

• Advertisement

I was thinking just use it to "restore" the paid apps to the new phone, its worth a try

Advertisement