Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA over Christmas

Options
  • 14-12-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew what the deal was with BTEA payments over Christmas. Do we get a double week like all other social welfare payments and miss a week or do we get it weekly as normal? I'm guessing we get a double week but you can never be sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hey double payments for social welfare at xmas were cut in the budget before last,

im pretty sure we still get paid over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Im not talking about the christmas bonus, I know they were cut two years ago, I'm talking about when they pay two weeks of social welfare around christmas and the following week you dont recieve any payments. I'm just wondering is it done this way with BTEA

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

ooh i was thinking this myself does that mean they will pay us double on the 23rd or the 30th ??
    and we wont get paid until the 6th of jan or the 13th?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

Yup double this week, but we'll get none next week.I might go for a pint to celebrate christmas, i forget what the inside of a pub looks like its been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

ah sickened , its gona be a very long christmas indeed .
    got the double , il be sweatin this time next week , betya i will have no money . its getting me by just minus the rent and petrol , im surviving just

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Smarmy wrote: »
    Im not talking about the christmas bonus, I know they were cut two years ago, I'm talking about when they pay two weeks of social welfare around christmas and the following week you dont recieve any payments. I'm just wondering is it done this way with BTEA

It came out last week. Its not really a bonus its just payment for the week after Christmas when the office will be closed for most of that week.

Advertisement