Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubcard Statement

Options
  • 14-12-2010 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I got my clubcard statement and it was rubbish, I feel like I spent a fortune there and I got only €2.50 worth of vouchers. Anyone else feel hard done by?
    At the same time I got a Dunnes mailer full of vouchers and the value was €40, but I hardly spent anything there.

Interested in others experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i got caught by the lure of spending 300 euro in dunnes and getting 30euro back in my xmas shopping. I spent 350 but only got 6euro as they said the actual qualifying spend was only 290!!! 60euro was excluded despite me being very careful..anyone else get the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to Consumer Issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

voucherman wrote: »
    I feel like I spent a fortune there and I got only €2.50 worth of vouchers. Anyone else feel hard done by?

What you feel is irrelevant, what you actually spent is what's important. If there is a problem, then you need to consult your receipts or credit/debit card statements to see how much you actually spent in the qualifying period. If you don't have any of those, then you don't know what you actually spent. It could also be that your card didn't always scan. Every receipt you get from Tesco states your balance of points at the bottom, so you should have noticed if this was wrong during the last 3 months.

The return is 1%, so €2.50 would suggest you spent €250.

I got €4 in Dunnes vouchers, but feel like I spent a fortune there. Turns out I spent €400 there, which I suppose is a small fortune, for many anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 voucherman

I hear ya but I got 41 euro from dunnes and no way I spent 4000 euro. maybe you got hard done by on this christmas offer of spending 300euro over a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i have queried it and they are sending me all my receipts. I knew tobacco lottery tickets etc were excluded from the promotion so the only thing I can think of is clothes/household goods must have been excluded as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Nappies and other baby stuff is always excluded too, which pisses me off a bit, but hey, what can ya do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I hear ya but I got 41 euro from dunnes and no way I spent 4000 euro.

You probably got bonus points. Dunnes have done offers on various products, by which you get back some percentage of the product value in vouchers. Say for example it could be 25% back on wines, then if you spend €50 on bottles of wine you'd get €12.50 in vouchers from that alone. There must have been some offers on that you may not have noticed.
    i have queried it and they are sending me all my receipts. I knew tobacco lottery tickets etc were excluded from the promotion so the only thing I can think of is clothes/household goods must have been excluded as well.

You can check your receipt at time of purchase, to see how many points you got, which will tell you how much of that particular spend qualified. If you got 290 points on a €350 spend, then only €290 of it qualified. If you still have that receipt, you should check it.

Exclusions also include all medicines, and I think baby products too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I got €24 from Tesco, jesus I must have spent a fortune...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 voucherman

What about the product vouchers seem a bit general. My dunnes book has about 10 product vouchers in it, don't know if I will use them but some €1 off things.
    My tesco ones are a bit general too but allow me to get points on bread and milk and other general things but not product specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I feel like I spent a fortune there and I got only €2.50 worth of vouchers. Anyone else feel hard done by?
    You should be delighted as you obviously are not spending much!

This came up at the time last year.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63453421

I posted in that thread
    rubadub wrote: »
    You get 1 point per €1 spent in tesco, so €2,900 will get you €29, so it seems correct, since I think dunnes are also 1cent per €1.

The real issue/story is that in the past tesco & dunnes used to have 25% back in points offers on booze & other stuff like at christmas they might have 25% back in points on decorations etc. Its a way of them getting the money off you and forcing you to spend the 25% in their shop.

So many people (myself included) were used to getting say 3x€30 in vouchers before, while last time from tesco mine were a miserable 3x€1.50. When they had the 25% back I would stock up on booze and so spend a fortune and clock up all the points. People forget these offers are no longer really running and might have forgotten that they got so much at the time the 25% offer was on.

I only recently registered my dunnes card after a year or so using it, so am due my first vouchers.

A tip in tesco is to use the individual vouchers, like you get "25 points if you spend €3 on tesco meat products", I used to forget about these and they went out of date, now if you use them the cashier often gives you a second voucher on a receipt and it is often very good, like "200 points if you spend €10 on meat". Also check your tesco dates on vouchers, I had about €5 worth go out of date and they are now useless.

The tesco wine club is meant to be worth joining, they give vouchers for money off wine that you would not get in normal clubcard mailings, might be an over 18 thing.

Supervalu do have a clubcard now BTW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement