Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam/Moylough Areas

Options
  • 14-12-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all.

I posted here earlier but i must have done something wrong as I cant find what I poted anywhere. Sorry I am new to this and have never posted befor.e

I recently moved to a rural part of the county clsoe to Moylough and I am wondering if there are any clubs etc that I can join to meet people from the area. I can't find anything online.

I lived in Galway City up until last year and all my friends were close by. Now we have all gone our seperate ways due to having kids, getting married and some have immigrated etc. it's not as easy to meet up now for a chat and drinks as it used to be. I have a toddler myself. The area im in is very quiet. My partner and I have spent the last year or so doing up the house so we havent has the money to go out and about. When I have gone out in the past I have gone into Galway City but would love to stay around the area and get to know people there.

I would love to meet other ladies who would just like to meet up very now and again just for a coffee, chat, drinks, walks and just friendship.

I miss the girly chat alot. I love my baby and partner dearly but would love just to natter and hear from other women in the area.I would love to know if there is anyone else who would like to meet up for the same thing.

It is a bit odd to be looking for this online but it's worth a chance I suppose.:)

Please contact me and let me know if anyone else interested in this.

This is a genuine request.

I hope this is ok and I really am not sure if I have posted in the correct place or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

You could always join the local golf club in Mountbellew. A lot of women play there and they have a great social scene to the club, I am told. I think they have a very reasonable introductory offer going on at the moment.

It might be no harm contacting the local area councillors who would have first hand knowledge of clubs, gatherings or groups that might suit your needs. Michael Connolly in Moylough and Paul Connaughton in Mountbellew would be your best bets. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CiaraMcC

Hi Twinklestar
    I am moving to the area too - how did you get on with meeting new people? We're moving just outside Tuam (I think - viewing a place on Saturday!) are you anywhere near there? I will also be looking to meet new people!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ningnong

Lots of clubs and groups post on this Facebook page with activities going on
    "Tuam What's On"
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000888608287

I see there's a ladies "1st Friday Club" starting tonight. They are going for a meal in La Vissuata and the Brogue are treating them to a free cocktail beforehand. About 23 women....watch out Tuam :)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=142811325775001

• Registered Users Posts: 34 galwayshelly

im in tuam.if ya want any info on area ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Sylane have a camogie club. Great for getting to know people, as my wife did. You can catch them on facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

When living in Tuam with my daughter i meet alot of people in the Library in tuam its a fab, they also hold a parent and toddler morning i think its on a Tuesday or Wednesday Morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mybabydoll wrote: »
    When living in Tuam with my daughter i meet alot of people in the Library in tuam its a fab, they also hold a parent and toddler morning i think its on a Tuesday or Wednesday Morning.

And the soundbite sessions on the first Thursday of each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

You have a toddler, there are alot of meet up for mothers around, rollercoaster.ie would have more info on that. I am from Abbeyknockmoy not far from you, kinda in same predicament. But in my case I just need to get out more locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 clevercanines

There is a lovely Parent/carer & baby/toddler or child(0-5yrs) group in Tuam called PEEP . It's on in the Education centre, chapel lane every thur @9.45. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GalwayGirl2011

Hey, there is a parent and toddler group in moylough community centre every Friday from 10am to 12pm. It is €3, there is tea and coffee for adults, lots of toys and juice for children. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 heathers1

Hi
    I was just looking at different threads and messages and I came accross yours. I am around that general moylough area. Its been a few years since you posted that. I hope you have settled in and found friends with similar interests. I am wondering if there is a walking/running group or a Ladies group that is active around there in mountbellew/moylough area?
    Thanks

Advertisement