Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Party Phone Providers??

Options
  • 14-12-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

In July I moved our business phones and calls (7 Lines) from Eircom to a third party provider. In the last month the lines have started crackling and our credit card machine which has a dedicated line which doesn't go through the main system has started failing during transactions. Someone told me that third party providers initially allocate new customers a full line per line but after a few months 'split' the lines which is how they achieve a margin. Is this a conspiracy theory or is this possibly true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    Is this a conspiracy theory or is this possibly true.

I'd say that it would depend on the 3rd-party provider. Which one is it, people might be able to give a better opinion then? It could be that some of them have poorer quality interconnects than others and that as a result, call quality suffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

bhickey wrote: »
    I'd say that it would depend on the 3rd-party provider. Which one is it, people might be able to give a better opinion then? It could be that some of them have poorer quality interconnects than others and that as a result, call quality suffers.

We switched to Imagine but to be fair to them and to avoid defaming them it could be a problem with our internal system which we haven't checked yet. It is puzzling though that the system was working fine for so long and we only started having problems a few months after the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    We switched to Imagine but to be fair to them and to avoid defaming them it could be a problem with our internal system which we haven't checked yet. It is puzzling though that the system was working fine for so long and we only started having problems a few months after the switch.

If both the crackling and credit card problems started at the same time and the credit card line is definitely completely independent of the phone system, then you should report it to Imagine. Don't take any crap from them about it being Eircom's fault, you're paying Imagine the line rental so they need to sort out whatever might be wrong.

Advertisement