Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Chicks bday!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

She's only 29?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ssssh! Do you want her carted off to Carousel?

Besides, *ALL* women are only 29. It's only polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I opened this thread expecting to see a hot chick using a bidet, how wrong was I?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mmmm amy lee *drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

This is my favourite Amy Lee video, as it has a strong sentimental significance for me :).

Happy birthday Amy Lee, we missed having the same birthday by one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Happy early/late birthday Silent Sage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Happy Birthday Amy Sage or something (Silent Lee is a pun too far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

What an absolute waste of a thread. In the world of rock and metal, it's someone's birthday every day. Why the hell should this pleb get a thread to mark the occasion?
    If this is the kind of sh!t that will be filling the Rock & Metal forum, we have some serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

What an absolute waste of a thread. In the world of rock and metal, it's someone's birthday every day. Why the hell should this pleb get a thread to mark the occasion?
    If this is the kind of sh!t that will be filling the Rock & Metal forum, we have some serious problems.

Ah but its an EPIC thread. :D

Would you ever fcuk off. Seriously

If it doesnt interest you then dont post. Who made you Mr. boards anyway?

:mad:

epic fail with your post there.

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Would you ever fcuk off. Seriously

If it doesnt interest you then dont post. Who made you Mr. boards anyway?

:mad:

epic fail with your post there.

Wow, you've really hurt my feelings. Less of the attitude, you arrogant little pup. :rolleyes:

As for the "Mr" remark, I'm a girl.

How the hell is the sort of thread adding anything positive to the forum? Enlighten me.

Wow, you've really hurt my feelings. Less of the attitude, you arrogant little pup. :rolleyes:

As for the "Mr" remark, I'm a girl.

How the hell is the sort of thread adding anything positive to the forum? Enlighten me.
    :rolleyes:

Mod Note: Let's try to bear in mind that insulting other forum members is not allowed per the charter. Any further insults on this thread will result in bannings.
    As usual, if anyone has a problem with a post, please use the report post icon report.gif, don't just derail the thread.
    This is a forum for discussing Rock & Metal topics. Evanescence are a rock band and Amy Lee (or Amy Hartzler as she probably should be known) is a very distinctive singer so this is the most appropriate forum for them to be discussed in. Sure a thread celebrating her birthday isn't the most high-brow, serious business topic we could be discussing but the forum would be quite a boring, unfriendly place if no light-hearted topics were allowed.

In order to steer the conversation maybe you'd like to elaborate on why you think she's a pleb?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Mod Note: Let's try to bear in mind that insulting other forum members is not allowed per the charter. Any further insults on this thread will result in bannings.
    As usual, if anyone has a problem with a post, please use the report post icon report.gif, don't just derail the thread.
    Duly noted.
    Malice_ wrote: »
    This is a forum for discussing Rock & Metal topics. Evanescence are a rock band and Amy Lee (or Amy Hartzler as she probably should be known) is a very distinctive singer so this is the most appropriate forum for them to be discussed in. Sure a thread celebrating her birthday isn't the most high-brow, serious business topic we could be discussing but the forum would be quite a boring, unfriendly place if no light-hearted topics were allowed.

In order to steer the conversation maybe you'd like to elaborate on why you think she's a pleb?
    Yes, I know who she is. I don't see the point in having a thread to let people know it's her birthday. It's ridiculous. If the thread was actually about her or the band, that would be fine. A thread to celebrate someone's birthday is pointless though. I didn't start a thread for Feriz' birthday a few weeks ago...and he's a hell of a lot more talented than she is.

I really couldn't be bothered giving my opinion on her or her (lack of) vocal skills/talent. It's clear there are a lot of Evanescence fans here, so I might as well talk to a wall. It's a pity the Rock & Metal forum wasn't divided into two forums - one for rock and one for metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

baldshin wrote: »
    Happy early/late birthday Silent Sage!!
    Originally Posted by Malice_
    Happy Birthday Amy Sage or something (Silent Lee is a pun too far)
    :)!

Thank you both for your kind birthday wishes, I appreciate it. (My birthday was on the 13th, btw)

I didn't start a thread for Feriz' birthday a few weeks ago...and he's a hell of a lot more talented than she is.
    Who's Feriz? Do you mean Fenriz of Darkthrone? If so it's a bit difficult to compare his talent to Amy Lee as they both write very different music.
    I really couldn't be bothered giving my opinion on her or her (lack of) vocal skills/talent. It's clear there are a lot of Evanescence fans here, so I might as well talk to a wall. It's a pity the Rock & Metal forum wasn't divided into two forums - one for rock and one for metal.
    Okay fair enough you don't want to discuss your opinion of her and obviously you're entitled to your opinion but you shouldn't feel like you can't voice your opinion just because it might go against the majority opinion on a thread. A well-articulated counter point could and should produce meangingful discussion.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden but I'm not going to post on this thread criticising them as I know it'd be a pretty pointless addition to the thread :).

Lastly I for one would be strongly against splitting the forum into Rock and Metal for many reasons. If that was done I wouldn't be surprised to see two forums ending up dying slowly like the Punk forum. Also that would seem to be the thin end of the wedge and we'd be moving closer to Dr. Bollocko's Classic Rock forum and we can't let that happen :p.

just going to leave this here... (video is not mine btw)

Advertisement