Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halogen transformers

Options
  • 14-12-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Howdy. I just switched out 35, yes 35 50W halogen bulbs for LEDs phew ! So Ive gone from 1750 watts to 70. The light is not quite as strong but perfectly acceptable all the same. Question is would it be worth my while putting the transformers up on ebay? they cost about €16 each new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Probably not. An average traffo costs about €5/6 euro to buy these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

These are Robus dimmable transfomers and the internet quote I got was 16 Euros. I figured if I could get a fiver apiece I would be doing well. The LCDs were 11 roughly including vat and 1.35 each for the holders. It would be nice to get something back. I should have listened to my electrician first day who advised against downlights!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

they might be worth a bit more alright- for a good robus trafo

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

New robus dimmable transformers only about 7/8 euro in kellihers.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Foleyart wrote: »
    Howdy. I just switched out 35, yes 35 50W halogen bulbs for LEDs phew ! So Ive gone from 1750 watts to 70. The light is not quite as strong but perfectly acceptable all the same. Question is would it be worth my while putting the transformers up on ebay? they cost about €16 each new.

Where did you source your LED's from Foleyart. I have 20 to change out. I've already bought four 3W GU10 with 48 led's for E13 each. Bit pricey I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Put the whole lot of them up on ebay as a lot for €100 plus delivery!!!!!. Some contractor might grab them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

nophd08 wrote: »
    Where did you source your LED's from Foleyart. I have 20 to change out. I've already bought four 3W GU10 with 48 led's for E13 each. Bit pricey I thought.

CT electrics Galway. You can do a deal if you are buying a lot in one go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You just got stung big time.:eek:

Luminex or Robus 48 led bulbs are 8-10 euro maximum from any decent leccy wholesaler in Dublin.;)

Both have a 2 year gurantee with them (you just keep your receipt and bring it with you,if and when the bulb pops).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

paddy147 wrote: »
    You just got stung big time.:eek:

Luminex or Robus 48 led bulbs are 8-10 euro maximum from any decent leccy wholesaler in Dublin.;)

Both have a 2 year gurantee with them (you just keep your receipt and bring it with you,if and when the bulb pops).

Yeah... I had that feeling when handing over the cash but I had'nt done any research. They are same type as your pic, robus 48 led. I wont be back in that shop. I'll source the philips type that you used.
    Good thread on the LED's by the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yeah... I had that feeling when handing over the cash but I had'nt done any research. They are same type as your pic, robus 48 led. I wont be back in that shop. I'll source the philips type that you used.
    Good thread on the LED's by the way.

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement