Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LyX and line spacing

• 14-12-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

Hello! I'm using LyX for a college project. The lecturer has stipulated that the project be double spaced. However when I double space my document a large gap appears between text and maths formulae.

For example.

Do ye know how I could shorten this gap? If it involves going hardcore LaTeX that's no problem; I should probably do that anyway...

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Hmmm.... this problem doesn't afflict LaTeX proper. Good excuse to learn it then!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I agree - sometimes that can be due to putting in an extra paragraph space, or even the exact maths environment you use. I'd personally give LaTeX itself a shot, much easier to see exactly what's going on.

I've started with LaTeX now, and I'm going to stick with it. I'm faster at typing source code than clicking buttons. I don't see much reason to stay with LyX (besided the speed advantages for text-only documents).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I was going to ask you to post your original TEX code, but I assume the issue is resolved now?

The issue is resolved: the assignment is handed in and I'm completely converted to LaTeX! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Best way to learn ;)

Advertisement