Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Cork City

Options
  • 14-12-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I know there is plenty places but they are meant to be expensive. Where is the cheapest place there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

QPark near the city hall does a good daily rate if you have one of their prepayment cards. Kent Station is also pretty reasonable if you're leaving it there for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

How much is Kent station. I wont be going to the other place. I dont have one of their cards.

The one over on Patrick's Quay is reasonable enough I think, and it's indoor. Same crowd own that as the one on the Grand Parade next to where Henrys used to be, that's quite dear though, I worked there years ago, back then you had to leave your keys there when you parked unless you parked against the wall, parking cars is one of my few gifts and talents :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

I know there is plenty places but they are meant to be expensive. Where is the cheapest place there?

Or apply for a disability parking disk.
    I see a lot of people use these everyday in my travel's for parking, before they literally jump out of there car. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

How much is Kent station. I wont be going to the other place. I dont have one of their cards.

It's €7 per day. Can't remember the hourly cost.
    It's Pay & Display though, so you have to pay when you park, not when you come back. That can be annoying if you're not sure how long you're going in town for. But if you're going in for 4+ hrs, it'll probably work out cheaper than elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Or apply for a disability parking disk.
    I see a lot of people use these everyday in my travel's for parking, before they literally jump out of there car. :mad:

You're allowed have a disability disc if you're perfectly able bodied - as long as you have a family member who's disabled. I know lots of people with disabled wives, children and parents with disability discs who are capable of jumping out of their cars. People forget that.

There's an indoor parking place near to the Colosseum, not the one in the old PJ O'Hea place, it's further down the quay before Penrose Wharf which is 8 Euro a day, and very cheap by the hour. Staff there are top notch.

How much is Paul Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

How much is Paul Street.

€2 an hour, it went up to that recently.

You're allowed have a disability disc if you're perfectly able bodied - as long as you have a family member who's disabled. I know lots of people with disabled wives, children and parents with disability discs who are capable of jumping out of their cars. People forget that.

There's an indoor parking place near to the Colosseum, not the one in the old PJ O'Hea place, it's further down the quay before Penrose Wharf which is 8 Euro a day, and very cheap by the hour. Staff there are top notch.

But these able people,must have the disabled person with them at the time of parking,which a lot of them do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

RoverJames wrote: »
    The one over on Patrick's Quay is reasonable enough I think, and it's indoor. Same crowd own that as the one on the Grand Parade next to where Henrys used to be, that's quite dear though, I worked there years ago, back then you had to leave your keys there when you parked unless you parked against the wall, parking cars is one of my few gifts and talents :rolleyes:

Jesus i remember that. And not me or my mam or dad ever questioned handing the keys over, they still do that?

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »

That's the one I was on about :)

There is one on Grattan Street./Middle Parish
    €2.00 AN HOUR
    €8.OO All day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

But these able people,must have the disabled person with them at the time of parking,which a lot of them do not.

Not true, they could be parking the car to go and retrieve the disabled person. People jump to all sorts of assumptions on this situation, and invariably think the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

If you're not all that bothered about walking a little I'd say the Blackash park and ride just off the south link, last time I was there it was a 5 for the day, it's pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Park and Ride is the only way to go.

Does that take you into the city. How du get there if your coming from the mallow direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

You're allowed have a disability disc if you're perfectly able bodied - as long as you have a family member who's disabled.
    Provided that the disabled person is travelling with them - this includes picking them up at the relevant parking location.

There is an awful lot of abuse of the Disabled Parking Permit, so there are moves being made to change the regulations - has been seen being used on JCBs & Shawnee Pooles :rolleyes:

Advertisement