Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderberry wine

Options
  • 14-12-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Anyone here ever tried making this and any good tips if they have? I've about 20 lbs of elderberries that need to vacate my freezer as Christmas is coming!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

From what I have read, you could make quite a bit of wine with that.

Click here for an interesting article on elderberries and making wine from them.

Three recipes/methods of making elderberrry wine can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

try this website its got loads of info about winemaking and a great elderberry recipe if you scroll down to the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I have done elderberry a lot, but like to offset the 'cat pee' odour that it can give off with something like lemongrass or even lavender infused into it.
    I really dont like the smell of elderberry or elderflower wine really.:(

granda wrote: »

Err... granda, that page is in Dutch.

Edit: Just saw the English version is at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

BengaLover wrote: »
    I have done elderberry a lot, but like to offset the 'cat pee' odour that it can give off with something like lemongrass or even lavender infused into it.
    I really dont like the smell of elderberry or elderflower wine really.:(

I'll probably make a few different batches, might try the lavender in one of them! Thanks.

granda wrote: »

I've had a good look at that blog and it is bloody great!

He does a lot of experimental stuff that people on this board would be interested in, like home cider making, country wines, etc.

he is defo one of the best on the web ive tried loads of the recipes and all the experiments he does realy help

Advertisement