Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North American Maps - TomTom

Options
  • 14-12-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm going to the states in January for a 3 week driving holiday and I have a TomTom XL IQ Routes with 2GB memory (No SD). I want to update the satnav to have US maps on it, but I'm a little confused, if I buy the 2GB US edition map will it have to erase my current UK/IRE maps on it? Can they both be on there or will I have to take off the current maps and install the US map?

Thanks,

Sean.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there is no SD slot you will need to delete other map(s)
    Do a complete back up of your device both via windows explorer & TomTom home.
    Install the maps via TomTom Home & they will be stored on your PC also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I just tried it there and surprisingly enough both the US 2GB map & the original UK/IRE map fit onto it with about 180MBs left over!

I had a €10 voucher which had to be used today so I'm very happy.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Hi,
    Where did you purchase the maps from?

Thanks

Advertisement