Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay me my money now!!!!

• 14-12-2010 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Pay me my money now!!!!
    Well lads i am having a bit of a problem i placed a bet with ladbrokes at the start of the Ulster club championship. I went in to one of their shops and asked for odds on Naomh Chonaill to win the Ulster Gaa Championship and they quoted me 50/1. I wrote out the slip and put a stake of 50euro each way on it. The cashiere informed me that he would have to check to see was the bet ok before he accepted it. After a few minutes he told me that the bet was ok and i paid him 100 euro and took my slip. I then went in to Ladbrokes to collect my winnings I was informed that their was a problem with my bet. They informed me that their never was an each way market and that it was a win only market and offered me 50 euro back as a "good will gesture". The bet is worth 1300 euro. I have been in contact with ladbrokes and they have now offered me 300 as a further good will gesture. Im very unhappy about this and i believe I should be given 1300 euro. What do ye reckon I should do.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

No idea what you can do.. I'd be bullin'.. like you are.

The boyos in the gambling forum would be much better able to advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lordmayor108

Pay me my money now!!!!
    Well lads i am having a bit of a problem i placed a bet with ladbrokes at the start of the Ulster club championship. I went in to one of their shops and asked for odds on Naomh Chonaill to win the Ulster Gaa Championship and they quoted me 50/1. I wrote out the slip and put a stake of 50euro each way on it. The cashiere informed me that he would have to check to see was the bet ok before he accepted it. After a few minutes he told me that the bet was ok and i paid him 100 euro and took my slip. I then went in to Ladbrokes to collect my winnings I was informed that their was a problem with my bet. They informed me that their never was an each way market and that it was a win only market and offered me 50 euro back as a "good will gesture". The bet is worth 1300 euro. I have been in contact with ladbrokes and they have now offered me 300 as a further good will gesture. Im very unhappy about this and i believe I should be given 1300 euro. What do ye treckopn I should do.....

cheers lad very disappointed with ladbrokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Did they come 2nd?

yeah beat in the final by 5 points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

What fraction of the odds was the e/w portion?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Is 'Ladbrokes GAA' a Ladbrokes representative?

I think your owed the money.

i think he is you would think they would honour the bet after checking it before accepting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Ladbrokes GAA works with Ladbrokes, get in touch and he should be able to sort it out...

• Advertisement

hopefully i think i should be paid out like they checked before accepting the bet they cant just change there minds

This ones dedicated to ladbrokes!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTF2ZkqCa4M

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Duplicate threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

hopefully i think i should be paid out like they checked before accepting the bet they cant just change there minds
    Oh yes they can, they can pretty much do what they like. Gambling debt hold no legal standing as I think everyone knows at this stage.

If you feel it's justified make a complaint to IBAS, which Ladbrokes them self recommend.
    If you are still unhappy with solution offered by us you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). Once you submit your complaint to IBAS they will ask us to provide any relevant information. The dispute will then be put in front of an independent panel of experts who will make a ruling. Ladbrokes will always abide by a decision made by IBAS. IBAS rule on complaints about betting and gaming transactions but do not deal with service related problems.

The details for IBAS are given below. Please note that IBAS need you to have already contacted the Customer Services Team before they will look at your complaint.

IBAS
    PO Box 62639
    London EC3P 3AS
    Tel: 020 7347 5883
    Email: Postmaster@ibas-uk.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

I would have thought that if the bet was taken and accepted by Ladbrokes then this is like a binding contract to say that they have accepted it. There must be some tote authority of some sort that you could contact. Maybe even go to the smalls claim court!!!

Best of luck with it mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I have posted many a thread stating how terrible Ladbrokes are.

Don't give in. Write to IBAS. Don't expect Ladbrokes to do the decent thing though.

Long term do what I and many on here have decided. Avoid Ladbrokes and use Powers etc.

ps search threads started by me for reference about poor Ladbrokes customer service. They win this unwanted award hands down every time.

I would have thought that if the bet was taken and accepted by Ladbrokes then this is like a binding contract to say that they have accepted it. There must be some tote authority of some sort that you could contact. Maybe even go to the smalls claim court!!!
    Binding contracts? Small claims court? Good Lord.

Is it any wonder bookies are making so much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

A bet is a binding contract. Whats the problem?
    Bluetonic wrote: »
    Binding contracts? Small claims court? Good Lord.

Is it any wonder bookies are making so much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Lordmayor,

an example of some similar **** dealings with Ladbrokes that I posted before:

Ladbrokes offering poor customer service ?
    I'm not one for backing on Virtual Racing as a rule, but given the bad weather and the lack of options, I backed on a view recently. On two occassions in Ladbrokes I had a bad experience.

1. I placed €5 ew on a runner that finished second. I got to the counter before the count down for the off to place bet. The cashier was a trainee. She processed the bet slowly and I sat down to watch the cartoon race and saw my horse finish 2nd. When I went to collect I was told it could not be paid out since it was 2 seconds late ! Any late timing was on the part of the trainee cahier processing it

2. Yesterday I placed €5 ew on one virtual race in another Ladbroke shop.
    My docket fell to the ground at the counter and I quickly picked it up and asked the girl was I still ok to place the bet since off time was very close. She replied "yeah". She processed it and I again enquired that it was on ok, again I got "yeah". I asked because I was wary given previous experience.

The horse finished second and would return me a small profit of €4 on my €10 ew bet. But when I go to collect I am told that it was 7 seconds late and could not be paid out but voided and stake only returned I explained that I asked her twice was it ok for timing and she just responed, "i didn't hear you say that".

Now I know it was only €4 , but I did go out of my way to check that it was ok. What's most annoying is, had it come nowhere they had my €20 for a bet I was never going to get paid out on.

Surely their system should should stop them taking the bet in the first place if they have no intention of honouring it?

I'm I unique in finding Ladbrokes poor when it comes to customer service in Ireland ?

A bet is a binding contract. Whats the problem?
    No it's not, that's the problem.

I thought that was fairly clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

its not a binding contract.

its an agreement- not enforceable by law.Get onto the Punter's latform.Protest outside their shop.Ring Liveline.Do everything in your power to
    get paid.

then never bet there again!!!!

A bet is a binding contract.

Unfortunately it's not.
    Gambling debts are not legally enforcable.
    I know this from previous experience.
    They informed me that their never was an each way market and that it was a win only market

Did anybody else offer e/w on that market at the time do you know?
    they have now offered me 300 as a further good will gesture

They obviously know they are in the wrong and are trying to get out
    "on the cheap".
    1. I placed €5 ew on a runner that finished second. I got to the counter before the count down for the off to place bet. The cashier was a trainee. She processed the bet slowly and I sat down to watch the cartoon race and saw my horse finish 2nd. When I went to collect I was told it could not be paid out since it was 2 seconds late ! Any late timing was on the part of the trainee cahier processing it

2. Yesterday I placed €5 ew on one virtual race in another Ladbroke shop.
    My docket fell to the ground at the counter and I quickly picked it up and asked the girl was I still ok to place the bet since off time was very close. She replied "yeah". She processed it and I again enquired that it was on ok, again I got "yeah". I asked because I was wary given previous experience

There is a countdown to no more bets on the screen.
    Afaik any bets after this reaches zero are automatically Void whether win or lose and that applies in all bookies.
    You will find mangers who can over rule this but this will depend on what amount the bet was and what sort of customer you are.
    had it come nowhere they had my €20 for a bet I was never going to get paid out on.

Always check the off time and if the bet wasn't on time, ask for a refund.
    Am I unique in finding Ladbrokes poor when it comes to customer service in Ireland ?

Nope.

John Martin in the Star but you could be waiting a while as he's always seems to be busy.
    Protest outside their shop

Waste of time, most punters don't care about another guys problems, they have enough of their own problems.
    Ring Liveline

Absolutely but I'd advise Ladbrokes first that you are going down that road, it might get them to up the offer.
    Do everything in your power to get paid.
    Ibas is your last time.
    then never bet there again!!!!

I'd certainly do that but only if you have an alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭mjp

Ladbrokes willl always try and find a way out of paying out on GAA bets. Had a similar case 2 years ago by where they wouldnt pay out on a bet and tried to " reimburse" me with €300 but i had none of it and went to John Martin who managed to get me my full payout of €1,200. i would advise to give john a call as he has a good relationship with ladbrokes. Neil Walsh (head of Gaa) is the man you need to speak to. He often writes a Gaa column in Starbets.ie and i would think that he is the man who would make the calls on issues like this.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Do you have evidence that they were offering each way on the market?

If they had it on their website as win only then you will not win an IBAS claim and they are technically correct in not paying you out.

Your best bet is to keep complaining and hope they just pay out as a goodwill gesture to avoid hassle.

ladbrokes have offered me 350 as a good will gesture not good enough joke of an organisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Bite their hand off.

Technically, you are enititled to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Best of luck with it mate.

Will you stop it. Everything your posting is incorrect and your misleading the OP.

Great news lad brokes paying me my money now 1300 in total id like to personally thank their gaa representative Mr Neil Walsh for all his help in resolving the matter a late but very nice x mas present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

At least get his name right then - see post #24

• Advertisement

Apologies. Neil Walsh is the mane thanks again

In fairness they couldn't really NOT pay out on it but I suppose congrats to them.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    In fairness they couldn't really NOT pay out on it but I suppose congrats to them.
    :confused:

Of course they could.

Not if the shop staff rang the traders and they confirmed the bet was okay at the price and e/w terms requested at the time.
    By offering an amount to settle means they knew they were in trouble otherwise they would have just said NO.
    Couldn't see Lads getting a result from IBAS on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

Did they give a reason as to why they decided to pay out on a bet that was not an each way bet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

curehead wrote: »
    Did they give a reason as to why they decided to pay out on a bet that was not an each way bet ?

It was an each way bet

• Advertisement
Advertisement