Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player now on PS3

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Saves clicking through to the browser and then a bookmark? It is a crap app, I'll agree, but that's just because it's based on a crap app. A crap app on a nasty proprietary system that takes functionality away after purchase. My next upgrade won't be a console whether or which, I'll be building my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

When I press pause on RTE Player on my PS3 the screen goes to about 20% of the tv (the rest is black)

anyone get similar?

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yip, have to zoom back in again manually. Most of the regular video keys on my bluetooth remote don't work, and even when they do it's only sometimes. You need to use the controls to bring up the flash video controls and use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone know if Live TV will be coming to the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

What do you mean by Live TV?

The PS3, with the PlayTV adapter, already shows live digital tv.

MJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Is there something else needed to pick up the RTE Player on the PS3? Like does it need something attached?

I have all the updates done on Mine here,,but I don't see the Player anywhere on it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

Did everyone else lose rte player on the PS3 when they updated to 3.70 yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Did everyone else lose rte player on the PS3 when they updated to 3.70 yesterday?

Same here - never noticed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jackindub

In England i player and itv player have been moved to a new section on the cross bar. they've probably done same thing to rte player but I haven't had time to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

Why is there a new thread about the rte player being on the ps3 cross bar?

Its been there since December of last year.

The new feature that im seeing that looks good is that Mubi app/program, seems to only be showing films in standard def so i wont be wasting any money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

smurf22 wrote: »
    Why is there a new thread about the rte player being on the ps3 cross bar?

Its been there since December of last year.

The new feature that im seeing that looks good is that Mubi app/program, seems to only be showing films in standard def so i wont be wasting any money on it.

Im an idiot, just seen the date when this thread was started, seriously people why are we keeping alive threads this old?

The reason the thread got bumped is because RTE Player apparantly disappeared from the PS3 menu after installing yesterdays 3.70 software.
    In fact it reappeared today under a new icon 'My Channels' in the TV/Video services folder. There's a prompt to reinstall it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

The reason the thread got bumped is because RTE Player apparantly disappeared from the PS3 menu after installing yesterdays 3.70 software.
    In fact it reappeared today under a new icon 'My Channels' in the TV/Video services folder. There's a prompt to reinstall it.

My RTE player has disappeared from PS3 also having downloaded the update....I have only a video icon (no TV) with no 'my channels', any help appreciated. :confused:

My RTE player has disappeared from PS3 also having downloaded the update....I have only a video icon (no TV) with no 'my channels', any help appreciated. :confused:

Go to the icon and scroll up - that's what I did. I found it by accident rather than design ..
    I could not find it the day of the update for love nor money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Hmm, this is weird - spotted the RTE Player icon the other day and now it's gone again.

Any idea where it is or how to install it ?

Edit: It's back ! How weird!

Advertisement