Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbag kids just threw something at me

• 14-12-2010 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

So I was walking back from the shop thinking about something at work that I was raging about, and anyway 3 teenage girls standing there talking amongst themselves. I cross the road near them but I'm not paying any attention to them. Anyhow next thing I get hit in the face by something. They've obviously thrown it as there is no one else around. Two are facing away and obviously giggling. The third is lookng vaguely my direction and trying to look nonchalant.

Since they disrupted my inner raging my reaction was pretty much to stop and give an inner rage stare in the eyes of the one looking my direction for just long enough to unnerve her before deciding it was probably better that I didn't unleash the fury upon them and just plodding on my way

So my question is - how would you react in this situation ?? I mean is there any right way to react to this. Any great one-liners to fire out there ?

Comments

Post about it on boards, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Post about it on boards, obviously.

Indeed, I got that one figured out already thanks. Captain Obvious - what would we do without you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

They were lookin for a ride

Everything would probably be a lot more complicated then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Kick them in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Call her a "stupid skank that will be more than likely living off welfare for the rest of her life and will not accomplish anything in her life except having four kids with four different men and living in a council house on rent allowances and a medical card"

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Call her a "stupid skank that will be more than likely living off welfare for the rest of her life and will not accomplish anything in her life except having four kids with four different father and living in a council house on rest allowances and a medical card"

Yeah that might be funny for bystanders but I doubt they could follow a sentence that long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Its happened to me before and I reacted by screaming obscenities and telling them I would kill them. But you can't touch them! What makes me feel better about it is that they will probably end up uneducated, unhealthy with a brood of kids they don't want by the time they are 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

kick them till they're sterile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

What did she throw at you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Tell her she has chlamydia.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Its happened to me before and I reacted by screaming obscenities and telling them I would kill them. But you can't touch them!

See I figured they were looking for this kind of reaction so I wasn't giving them satisfaction. And no you can't touch them - adult male beating up teenage girls ?? No I'm not being a scumbag just because they are
    Larkin91 wrote: »
    What did she throw at you?
    No idea. I didn't even look. I just stopped and stared (there may possibly have been the fires of hell burning in my eyes such was my mood before this even happened.)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Call her a "stupid skank that will be more than likely living off welfare for the rest of her life and will not accomplish anything in her life except having four kids with four different men and living in a council house on rent allowances and a medical card"

Nice one! The rate these scum are multiplying, combined with the ever decreasing workforce (and therefore government revenue) there will be nothing in the State coffers to give them - With any luck they will turn on each other and self destruct - I don't think so though!

What's the opposite to evolution because I think we are witnessing it at the moment. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Bit of rape would have stopped their shenanigans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Should have found a rock and lobbed it at them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

F******* scangers /scumbags!! :mad:
    Were you wearing black by any chance, or have long hair?! that seems to be the "lets get the ugly goth thing" :mad:
    otherwise, she wanted to make some more money by having a kid or 4 with you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Firstly you don't know for sure that they threw something at you and secondly you have no idea as to what hit you. You did the right thing on this occasion by dusting yourself off and walking on.

Now if you knew for sure that they threw something at you and what that was it would be a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Live a good life.

The best revenge.

bronte wrote: »
    Tell her she has chlamydia.

Ah sure that would be a good thing for the likes of them, stop them breeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    that seems to be the "lets get the ugly goth thing" :mad:

Harsh.

Sure the OP isn't the prettiest dude in town but you don't need to call him ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Harsh.

Sure the OP isn't the prettiest dude in town but you don't need to call him ugly.

lol i meant that as the scangers catchphrase not about the OP lol :)

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    F******* scangers /scumbags!! :mad:
    Were you wearing black by any chance, or have long hair?! that seems to be the "lets get the ugly goth thing" :mad:

I always want to do that too. Teenage goths are fine but there is nothing more pathetic then a grown man wearing all black with his sister's scrunchie in his hair. And the ones that wear the purple or green tie, god they look stupid.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Firstly you don't know for sure that they threw something at you and secondly you have no idea as to what hit you. You did the right thing on this occasion by dusting yourself off and walking on.

Now if you knew for sure that they threw something at you and what that was it would be a different story.

Oh I know for sure they threw something. Not unless it was levitating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

I'd call them fat. Even if they're incredibly thin, call them fat. Don't completely get why, but if you call a girl fat it gets inside their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Tell them you know Anto, and that'll put the frighteners up them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

my reaction was pretty much to stop and give an inner rage stare in the eyes of the one looking my direction for just long enough to unnerve her

Not to laugh at the seriousness of someone throwing something into your face but that "I gave her such a look!" thing always cracks me up. I always wonder if anyone has given me the look, I've never noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

What a doormat.

cypharius wrote: »
    I'd call them fat. Even if they're incredibly thin, call them fat. Don't completely get why, but if you call a girl fat it gets inside their head.

haha i like this one. At the end of evil stare I should have just laughed and said 'haha fat chicks gotta throw stones at people to get some attention...' and just walked off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Whilst i'm not suggesting the three girls would have given you a hiding (maybe they would :D ), a friend of mine reacted to three little knackers who pelted him with snowballs last week and ended up with a fractured eyesocket and a broken nose.

Sometimes it's best to walk on by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

So I was walking back from the shop thinking about something at work that I was raging about, and anyway 3 teenage girls standing there talking amongst themselves. I cross the road near them but I'm not paying any attention to them. Anyhow next thing I get hit in the face by something. They've obviously thrown it as there is no one else around. Two are facing away and obviously giggling. The third is lookng vaguely my direction and trying to look nonchalant.

Since they disrupted my inner raging my reaction was pretty much to stop and give an inner rage stare in the eyes of the one looking my direction for just long enough to unnerve her before deciding it was probably better that I didn't unleash the fury upon them and just plodding on my way

So my question is - how would you react in this situation ?? I mean is there any right way to react to this. Any great one-liners to fire out there ?

While it is tempting to react probably not a lot you can do.

I got pelted by water balloons a few months ago, I was so pissed off I chased the kids for a bit until they jumped up onto a very dangerous wall (big fall on the other side) and ran along it

I had a flash of the head line "Kids fall to death being chased by man" and thought feck it this is not worth getting in sh*t for.

At the end of the day because you aren't a scumbag your options are limited, and they probably know that. They know nothing will happen to them.

As someone else said, call her fat under your breath but just loud enough to be heard.

A fractured eyesocket? Oh my god that sounds sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I call shenanigans on the OP. He's clearly just looking for an excuse for his hiccy!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

dazberry wrote: »
    Tell them you know Anto, and that'll put the frighteners up them...

Yeah we Anto's tend to have that effect on the girls alrite.................

.................. it makes me a little sad inside :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I once passed a bunch of Chav girl types on the way into asda (it's their holy temple). Got heckled by the bunch of them and one of them said if I cut my hair she'd 'do me'.

Not sure if there's a moral to the story, but sometimes it's nice to be told you're pretty. They're not all bad.

Mind you, I still gave them such a look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Stab them somewhere non-lethal. Like the foot. That'd teach 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

How big are you op? Skangers are afraid of people bigger than them.

How big are you op? Skangers are afraid of people bigger than them.

This is true, theyre always mouthy and tough from a distance, but as soon as you start to head in their direction it's a different story altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

To which she's probably say, "so?"

To the tracksuited underclass, sponging off the rest of us is the limit of their ambition.

They get it all for free, makes you wonder who the bigger fools are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

This is true, theyre always mouthy and tough from a distance, but as soon as you start to head in their direction it's a different story altogether

Are you saying skangers have poor depth perception and can't tell if a person is far away or just small? lol skangers. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Unless you're so small that when you walk towards them, you don't get any bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Wander towards them with a smile and say you dropped this..... then lob some of that green stuff often found at the back of your throat straight onto the middle of her forehead. Then be on your way feeling much better about life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

kowloon wrote: »
    I once passed a bunch of Chav girl types on the way into asda (it's their holy temple). Got heckled by the bunch of them and one of them said if I cut my hair she'd 'do me'.

Not sure if there's a moral to the story, but sometimes it's nice to be told you're pretty. They're not all bad.

Mind you, I still gave them such a look.

Don't cut your hair. If you do I won't do you :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

what had he, an inch? if yer gonna be her no.1 you gotta get a no.1. respeck ur juniorz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Tell her you know her das. All of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

00112984 wrote: »
    Tell her you know her das. All of them.

Tell them you ARE their Da. All of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Its so fookin annoyin bein heckled by teenage scum

I was walkin back to college last month, sendin an email on me phone, and some 12 year old scumbag thought it was hilarious to nick me hat and run off

I genuinely didnt care, I just felt sorry for him. It was before 2 if the afternoon, so he obv doesnt go to school. Lowlife!

But then last week ICE was cleared near me gaff, and 5 kids were there, 2 were abt 12, the others 7-9!

anyways, they start throwin concrete blocks of ice at me, circlin me tryin to hit me face. At first I thought the usual 'not allowed hit kids' , also I had me camera gear on me, but I really start losin the plot. They stopped when I start shoutin at them cos 'they thought I was a Paki'

If I was on me way home with no gear I prob woulda went ape****, cos thats a serious thing. its hate crime, with a weapon, so theres no way in hell passers-by should have to accept that. They could easily kill someone, or get themselves killed. Not everyone would stay as calm as I did

It just makes me sick that their parents obv dont care what they do, and sure that's probably where they get the hate from

utter scum!

Are you saying skangers have poor depth perception and can't tell if a person is far away or just small? lol skangers. :pac:

I rekon it's cause theyre all idiots they dont get the whole small/far away difference................... "Now Dougle One More TIme, These Cows Are Small.... The Ones Outside... Are Really Far Away!!!!!"

Unless you're so small that when you walk towards them, you don't get any bigger.

That could have a bad effect alrite lol;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

The problem with these kids is that they know that there isn't a damn thing normal people would be willing to do to them. There needs to be some sort of repercussion for their actions or it will only get progressively worse.

Therefore I suggest we implement a battle royale type tv show for anybody with an asbo, it will be both entertaining and keep the children in line. The ones that live will learn to respect their elders.

Knasher wrote: »
    Therefore I suggest we implement a battle royale type tv show for anybody with an asbo, it will be both entertaining and keep the children in line. The ones that live will learn to respect their elders.

Awesome Idea!!!! Would really clean the place up a bit........

• Advertisement
Advertisement