Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbag kids just threw something at me

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Knasher wrote: »
    Therefore I suggest we implement a battle royale type tv show for anybody with an asbo, it will be both entertaining and keep the children in line. The ones that live will learn to respect their elders.

Could it be more like the thunderdome from Mad Max? The cage would be more easily televised than the free to roam island setting of Battle Royale.
    Tell them you ARE their Da. All of them.

All of your Da are belong to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

What exactly did they throw at you btw?

Anyway most of these people thrive on conflct. I mean they are generally always being aggressive, starting fights, mouthing and bitching. This means that when some ordinary joe soap comes along theres a good chance they aint gonna be intimidated. In fact they may welcome the bit of confrontation, bit of a barney and then it gives them something to big themselves up in front of their friends or talk about later. If what happened to you happened to a scumbag, they would be straight over in their faces or boxing the heads off them as that is their nature, its how theyve reacted to these things all their live and they dont give a **** about getting into fights.

You on the other hand are not used to random confrontations with strangers. No matter what witty remarks people come up with here, on the spot its a different story. Most normal people dont see randomers as the next source of their confrontation, therefore when you do start something with them your not really gonna know what to do as your completely outside your comfort zone. Chances are you'll either end up looking silly or with a black eye. If you did choose to react, you'd prob stand there going through all the possibilities, do I make a smart comment, one cutting insult? Do I shout abuse? Do I go over and say something? What if they start on me, will i hit them back? Normal people just arent used to random confrontations.

Tl/dr - Dont rise to it, be on your merry way because if you react they will beat you with experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Beat them to death with their own shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

ColHol wrote: »
    What exactly did they throw at you btw?

Anyway most of these people thrive on conflct. I mean they are generally always being aggressive, starting fights, mouthing and bitching. This means that when some ordinary joe soap comes along theres a good chance they aint gonna be intimidated. In fact they may welcome the bit of confrontation, bit of a barney and then it gives them something to big themselves up in front of their friends or talk about later. If what happened to you happened to a scumbag, they would be straight over in their faces or boxing the heads off them as that is their nature, its how theyve reacted to these things all their live and they dont give a **** about getting into fights.

You on the other hand are not used to random confrontations with strangers. No matter what witty remarks people come up with here, on the spot its a different story. Most normal people dont see randomers as the next source of their confrontation, therefore when you do start something with them your not really gonna know what to do as your completely outside your comfort zone. Chances are you'll either end up looking silly or with a black eye. If you did choose to react, you'd prob stand there going through all the possibilities, do I make a smart comment, one cutting insult? Do I shout abuse? Do I go over and say something? What if they start on me, will i hit them back? Normal people just arent used to random confrontations.

Tl/dr - Dont rise to it, be on your merry way because if you react they will beat you with experience

Uh they're like 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Let's put our 21st century morals aside for a moment and consider my suggestion.

The Roman Colosseum created huge revenue for the local economy during the time and provided entertainment for nearly 80,000 people. Let's fill up Croker every saturday and let these knackers fight to the death over a wrap of Heroin or some small amount of money in the center. Would help with the economy as well and could be a great spectacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Human rights :rolleyes:

• Wicknight wrote: »
    While it is tempting to react probably not a lot you can do.

I got pelted by water balloons a few months ago, I was so pissed off I chased the kids for a bit until they jumped up onto a very dangerous wall (big fall on the other side) and ran along it

I had a flash of the head line "Kids fall to death being chased by man" and thought feck it this is not worth getting in sh*t for.

At the end of the day because you aren't a scumbag your options are limited, and they probably know that. They know nothing will happen to them.

As someone else said, call her fat under your breath but just loud enough to be heard.

Heh who are you trying to fool. More like "Man falls to death chasing kids" :P As for the teenage knacks, calling them fat or ugly is surprisingly effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

You just say "here, you dropped something" and simultaneously throw the offending article back at them.

(only works if you know how to throw stuff hard and accurately, solution will not work for geeks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Use this to show them your not messin around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

So my question is - how would you react in this situation ??
    I can't control anger in such cases, I would flood them with some words. Bad words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    I can't control anger in such cases, I would flood them with some words. Bad words.

Doctor Phil! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Saw a crowd of teenagers pelting passing cars with snowballs last week.
    One car stopped and this guy in his fifties jumped out - the scum scattered and he gave chase. Guess what? They all turned round and started pelting him - the guy got an awful doing - ran like hell back to his car.

Now the thing is, this happened in Castleknock and the teens, some of whom I know to see, come from families who I imagine would be horrified if they knew what their 'little johnny' was up to.:confused:
    My theory, for what its worth, is that there has been a collapse of law and order and a massive decline in moral values over the last few decades. Why? I wish i knew.

P.S. Seen any cops lately? (I mean apart from the speed traps on motorways).:mad:

Maybe they were threatened by you in some way and threw something at you instinctively, if you were raging and all you might have looked threatening. Would have been a much better thread if you knew what they threw at you and they had landed it smack on your nose. P1ss poor thread as it stands though :pac: Enraged adult male starts thread about teenage girls throwing something at him and missing :rolleyes: Weird you don't know what it is, being a self proclaimed expert on materials and all that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The Falcon wrote: »
    Saw a crowd of teenagers pelting passing cars with snowballs last week.
    One car stopped and this guy in his fifties jumped out - the scum scattered and he gave chase. Guess what? They all turned round and started pelting him - the guy got an awful doing - ran like hell back to his car.

Now the thing is, this happened in Castleknock and the teens, some of whom I know to see, come from families who I imagine would be horrified if they knew what their 'little johnny' was up to.:confused:
    My theory, for what its worth, is that there has been a collapse of law and order and a massive decline in moral values over the last few decades. Why? I wish i knew.

P.S. Seen any cops lately? (I mean apart from the speed traps on motorways).:mad:

Are you 50 or something??

lol, a few snowballs. He's Victor Meldrew me thinks, well actually the OP seems a bit of a Victor Meldew too, hardly two of them about :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

RoverJames wrote: »
    lol, a few snowballs. He's Victor Meldrew me thinks, well actually the OP seems a bit of a Victor Meldew too, hardly two of them about :P

How many tracksuits do you own?

Promac wrote: »

Come on man, if you have something to say spit it out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

As a teen, it is hard to escape the idea ,that many people have, that ALL teens are like this. There are times when I'm just walking along, headphones in, minding my own business, when I'll walk past another group of "youths" and to be honest it can be pretty intimidating. There have been times when younger ones have said something to me or thrown something etc. The worst is when they spit on the ground right beside you, then glare at you. If the world wasn't so uppity about such things I'd deck the knuts and spit on them. But this is real life and I have to walk away while the lil' scummers laugh like a pack of mange-ridden hyena's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

They probably come from a single parent family with a coke addict father.
    You should feel sorry for them.

Was one of them called Rex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Well if it makes anybody feel any better, chances are they will be complaining about how people used to have more respect in a couple more years too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Shout "your auld lady has worms" at them

Promac wrote: »
    Come on man, if you have something to say spit it out :pac:

No ?

:eek: what a surprise :cool:

Nope - Not 50 yet. Not even 40 (Not too far off though!):D

I get more pissed at the little rich kids who, in theory, should know better. The little skangers start out with no chance at all.

Anyway, just telling what I saw and expressing an opinion. Hope I haven't rattled your cage.;)

The little skangers start out with no chance at all.

Define skanger please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Define skanger please.

From uncyclopedia.wikia.com
    Scanger or skanger (female: howiya[1]) is a derogatory term for a stereotypical member of a youth subculture group in Ireland, similar to the chav in the United Kingdom.[2][3]
    The stereotypical scanger is known to wear a tracksuit, gold jewellery, runners, tattoos, piercings, is usually from a working class area of an Irish city or town, and speaks with an exaggerated version of the accent that is customary to the indigenous people of that city or town. Male scangers tend to have cropped haircuts, wear Celtic F.C. shirts, The term scanger also has cultural ascociations with the term Boy Racer and older male scangers often drive cars with loud sound and exhaust systems alloy wheels and extensive (and often illegal) modifications.
    The female skanger can generally be identified by the distinct 'hoopy' earings, bleached-blonde hair and a propensity for wearing Pyjamas, while shopping or indeed as casual clothing. Female scangers are also usually seen pushing pram(s) whilst shopping or just out in public. Another feature would be the distinct use of hair 'scrunchies' to perform facelifts. This is achieved by pulling the hair back into a tight ponytail in order to tighten the facial skin. This can lead to some curious facial expressions and a look akin to rabbits in the headlights of cars.
    Male scangers can be defined by their tendency to tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks, their short hair and gelled-down fringe. They smoke John Player Blue and walk with an aggressive swagger, as if carrying tennis balls under both their armpits. Typical scanger phrases include: "Alrigh, bud?", "Ah Jaysus, Howaya?", "Shtory, bosh!". All names must end with an 'o', e.g. Declan changes to Deco, Anthony changes to Anto, Johnathan changes to Johno, etc. Female names are usually added with 3 or 4 "e's" at the end, e.g. Fiona changes to Fioneee', Jecinte to Jecinteee', etc.
    Scangers are also known to wear such clothes as:
    Brand name athletic clothing and shoes. This might include white trainers and tracksuits. Fake Gold jewellery- hoopy ear-rings and large gold chains for women, and gold sovereign rings and large gold chains for men. Sports caps or Burberry caps are always pointed at very high angle, usually 45-90 degrees.
    Many younger scangers often take part in underage drinking, underage sex, smoking and sometimes drug abuse. Dutch Gold would be a particularly common drink for youths who take part in underage drinking, due to it's high alcohol content and low retail cost. Druids Celtic Cider is also popular among certain groups of young people, primarily in Dublin and Cork.
    [1][4] Scangers have a reputation for anti-social behaviour.[5]
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

From uncyclopedia.wikia.com
    Scanger or skanger (female: howiya[1]) is a derogatory term for a stereotypical member of a youth subculture group in Ireland, similar to the chav in the United Kingdom.[2][3]
    The stereotypical scanger is known to wear a tracksuit, gold jewellery, runners, tattoos, piercings, is usually from a working class area of an Irish city or town, and speaks with an exaggerated version of the accent that is customary to the indigenous people of that city or town. Male scangers tend to have cropped haircuts, wear Celtic F.C. shirts, The term scanger also has cultural ascociations with the term Boy Racer and older male scangers often drive cars with loud sound and exhaust systems alloy wheels and extensive (and often illegal) modifications.
    The female skanger can generally be identified by the distinct 'hoopy' earings, bleached-blonde hair and a propensity for wearing Pyjamas, while shopping or indeed as casual clothing. Female scangers are also usually seen pushing pram(s) whilst shopping or just out in public. Another feature would be the distinct use of hair 'scrunchies' to perform facelifts. This is achieved by pulling the hair back into a tight ponytail in order to tighten the facial skin. This can lead to some curious facial expressions and a look akin to rabbits in the headlights of cars.
    Male scangers can be defined by their tendency to tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks, their short hair and gelled-down fringe. They smoke John Player Blue and walk with an aggressive swagger, as if carrying tennis balls under both their armpits. Typical scanger phrases include: "Alrigh, bud?", "Ah Jaysus, Howaya?", "Shtory, bosh!". All names must end with an 'o', e.g. Declan changes to Deco, Anthony changes to Anto, Johnathan changes to Johno, etc. Female names are usually added with 3 or 4 "e's" at the end, e.g. Fiona changes to Fioneee', Jecinte to Jecinteee', etc.
    Scangers are also known to wear such clothes as:
    Brand name athletic clothing and shoes. This might include white trainers and tracksuits. Fake Gold jewellery- hoopy ear-rings and large gold chains for women, and gold sovereign rings and large gold chains for men. Sports caps or Burberry caps are always pointed at very high angle, usually 45-90 degrees.
    Many younger scangers often take part in underage drinking, underage sex, smoking and sometimes drug abuse. Dutch Gold would be a particularly common drink for youths who take part in underage drinking, due to it's high alcohol content and low retail cost. Druids Celtic Cider is also popular among certain groups of young people, primarily in Dublin and Cork.
    [1][4] Scangers have a reputation for anti-social behaviour.[5]
    :D

Or someone so desperate to define a skanger, that they use an outside source in order to try to distance themselves and their own past indiscretions in order to justify their lording over those who they deem below them.

Terry wrote: »
    Or someone so desperate to define a skanger, that they use an outside source in order to try to distance themselves and their own past indiscretions in order to justify their lording over those who they deem below them.

Nope - The OP look for a definition and i provided one.:rolleyes:

Time for beddybyes - Work tomorrow. One must pay one's taxes you know. that's what keeps this sh1tty little country going. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Someone in my estate confronted young lads and young ones who were harrassing him walking back from the shop a while ago,they knew where he lived so gave him hell for ages.

So I would do or say something if I wasn't near my own house and there was no chance they knew me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

^I think 'I can smell your cunt' would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

There is a council housing estate around about a mile away from my house, and during the snow every time I drove by some kid would throw a snowball at my car. I eventually got pissed off, so I got out this old water gun thing I had around that looked like this

http://www.perfectswim.com/images/products/Double-Barrel-Water-Gun.jpg

and the next time it happened, I stopped the car, slowly drove back and sprayed the kid who did it in the face with the full two tanks. It felt pretty dame good.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Was hobbling back from my in-laws last week in the height of the snow, on crutches so making slow progress. Passed a group of little scumbags while we were coming into our apartment complex, now my husband recognised them, they're from a family of total skangers from his estate, and they recognised him, so nothing got thrown at him.

I, on the other hand, was totally pelted with chunks of ice and being on crutches there was no way I was getting away from them fast. Husband turns around and proceeds to tear into the oldest kid (probably around 12), so after much back and forth, husband tells the kid that if he throws one more snowball, he's gonna break his legs (:rolleyes:), to which the kid replies "Go on and try it Do ye know who me da is?" Husband's response was "No, and neither does yore ma, now fcuk off!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Knasher wrote: »
    The problem with these kids is that they know that there isn't a damn thing normal people would be willing to do to them. There needs to be some sort of repercussion for their actions or it will only get progressively worse.

Therefore I suggest we implement a battle royale type tv show for anybody with an asbo, it will be both entertaining and keep the children in line. The ones that live will learn to respect their elders.
    kowloon wrote: »
    Could it be more like the thunderdome from Mad Max? The cage would be more easily televised than the free to roam island setting of Battle Royale.

Guys guys haven't you seen The Running Man ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Start talking to them, ask do they wanna have sex and when they come home with you do some serious damage to them.

EDIT; Assuming they are all 16 years of age of course.

Advertisement