Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Park-Ice Free?

• 14-12-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Just wondering is the Phoenix Park ice free now, in particular that corner at the junction of Military and Khyber roads. Haven't been there in quite a while!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnL

I haven't been at that junction today but the main road and cycle lanes were completely clear of snow and ice this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

The cycle lanes weren't this morning when I was coming through...didn't come home through the Park as the roads are in too dangerous a state to be cycled on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Thanks Fletch, I can imagine the main road through the park in a worse state alright. Would plan to stick to 'Lance's Loop'.

Actually, is the Strawberrybeds/Lower Road route clear by now? Nearly forgot about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Hello there,

Just wondering is the Phoenix Park ice free now, in particular that corner at the junction of Military and Khyber roads. Haven't been there in quite a while!

Thanks in advance.

No it isn't ice free. I cycled that way yesterday (mind you it was dark - but I saw enough) and just jumped onto the grass - got fed up of riding on the edge of the road. You have no chance on that hard ice with water on top. Part of the kyber further up the hill is OK, but forget about riding the "Lance Lap". Steer clear is my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The road is like someone called an airstrike on it. Dunno what they repair that road with, maybe cheese. But every 6 months its in tatters again. Thats with no heavy traffic. Does this happen in other countries the roads fall apart so often?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well, I got out there at around the time Collumbo posted.

Yeap, came down that hill towards the junction and had to stop before it as there was a large patch of ice gradually melting. Junction itself looked ready for 'Dancing on Ice'. Found an alternate route but didn't stay too long.

Good to get out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

BostonB wrote: »
    The road is like someone called an airstrike on it. Dunno what they repair that road with, maybe cheese.
    lol couldn't have put it better myself! I don't understand it either. The only heavy traffic it gets is the odd open top tour bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought this was going to be about some new product!
    ice-toolz-20-function-multi-tool-2009.jpg

Still bits of ice on my own route, and the cycletracks are covered in loose gravelly crap.

Advertisement