Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing AIB a/c due to 40 million bonuses and bail out

Options
  • 14-12-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

lol

Who did you move to, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

:)

I did a bit of research on ethical banking, Triodos seem very good for savings accounts. Current accounts are limited in Ireland, but I'll go with Permanent TSB until I find something better in Ireland. I'm going to refuse to support AIB even that I don't have much mula anyway. The talk of the 40 million bonus this week was the final straw tbh.

There is a real shortage of any kind of ethical banking institutions in Ireland, it's a huge gap in the market, even when you compare to the UK.

Speaking of which ethicalconsumer.org did an interesting bit on ethical banking.
    http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/FreeBuyersGuides/money/currentaccounts.aspx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

funnily enough, I was going to start a thread saying if these bankers do get their bonuses, I'm withdrawing all my cash and taking my business away from AIB.

I wonder how they would reach if a sizeable chunk of their customers did likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

FutureGuy wrote: »
    funnily enough, I was going to start a thread saying if these bankers do get their bonuses, I'm withdrawing all my cash and taking my business away from AIB.

I wonder how they would reach if a sizeable chunk of their customers did likewise.

By having more money pumped into them by the Government.

Blackjack wrote: »
    By having more money pumped into them by the Government.

91 people x 40 million = (me washing my hands from the filthy trailer scumbags)

What's right is right, what's wrong is wrong.

They may get their bonuses, and maybe we can't stop that, but at least we can say one thing, as I can now say.

Not in my name.

• Advertisement

DIRTY69 wrote: »
    91 people x 40 million = (me washing my hands from the filthy trailer scumbags)

What's right is right, what's wrong is wrong.

They may get their bonuses, and maybe we can't stop that, but at least we can say one thing, as I can now say.

Not in my name.

Your choice, but thems are the consequences.
    as an aside - I think you may have meant to use a different Mathematical symbol other than "x".

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Toots* wrote: »

...and that decision is being challenged by all of them now.

Hard to see a judge deciding this in the moral and/or public interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vintac34

Well if they get paid this bonus from an insolvent state supported bank.......

Well all i can say or/do is.. I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT!!!!Hope others follow..

That should wake them up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Hard to see a judge deciding this in the moral and/or public interest
    Judges make their decision based on the law, not based on what the listeners of joe duffy think :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Retail Hell

Judges make their decision based on the law, not based on what the listeners of joe duffy think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Not in my name.

but it is cos you're part of the taxpayers bailing them out ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Which one, the one which applies to bankers or the one which applies to the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This isn't really the forum for a debate on the rights/wrongs of the bonus. I'm leaving this thread open (for the moment), as it's verging on potentially useful to those who may wish to move their accounts from AIB and who are looking for an alternative provider.

Any off-topic posts from here on in will be deleted.

Aren't you very clever, to know the way a judge does deal with cases before him.

Where is your altar, so I may worship at it?

Are you one of the 90?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Guys, Buffybot has already issued an on thread warning on debating the right/wrong issue of this topic. From now on any off topic nonsense or sniping will earn the user a ban and the thread will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Off-topic posts deleted. Two mod warnings in thread. Folks - pay heed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hi why are posts that are relevant to the topic being deleted?

if the rights/wrongs can't be mentioned then the thread is irrelevant and should be renamed. It's pointless! It's a knee jerk reaction to state that all bonus payments are wrong. It highlights both the political and financial immaturity of all too many Irish people. There's an opportunity to discuss it here.

Can the thread be changed to "Find me a bank that has not been externally supported and does not have any form of bonus payments to it's employees".

The same people who own and have interests in the IMF are the same people that own and have interests in AIB. The Rothchild family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I came on boards to look for this exact thread. I am closing my AIB bank account as soon as possible. I am just fed up of all their BS. I also have a BOI account that I have not used in 10 years and I think i have about 5euro in but I'm closing that too.

My gf works for Ulster Bank and I think I'm better off with them as she thinks they are very good.

If only I could get my mortgage away from BOI then I'd be delighted. They have done nothing but Fook me over from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

all Irish banks are shocking.

AIB and BOI are both inept.

The BOI crash the other day illustrates their inefficiencies!

And the fact that their system failed and i won't be getting paid till Monday instead of tomorrow may have an impact on my opinion but generally BOI are muck.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I came on boards to look for this exact thread. I am closing my AIB bank account as soon as possible. I am just fed up of all their BS. I also have a BOI account that I have not used in 10 years and I think i have about 5euro in but I'm closing that too.

My gf works for Ulster Bank and I think I'm better off with them as she thinks they are very good.

If only I could get my mortgage away from BOI then I'd be delighted. They have done nothing but Fook me over from the start.

They are rumored to have started the mortgage crisis

Hah?.
    What Mortgage crisis, and how would they have started it?

And with that I think we're done here. As Buffybot said, the thread was being left open for people to discuss alternative banking arrangements if they were closing their AIB accounts, not to spout unfounded rubbish like this.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement