Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing vs Snowboarding

Options
  • 14-12-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Just wondering what people think - is there much of a crossover/similarity between surfing and snowboarding? (Though bearing in mind that any snowboarders I know always talk about how surfing is a million times harder) I've done a lot of snowboarding and can't imagine a better feeling in the world than that of ripping through bottomless powder. Oh wow. Similar sort of buzz from surfing I presume?

Also is there much cross-over or is it an entirely different skill-set in terms of balancing on the board etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

IMHO snowboarding provides a more instantaneous bang for your buck i.e. you can be up and riding in less than a day and doing some sort of turns after a few days. Surfing is much more of a slow burner. The learning curve is quite steep and you need to be a lot fitter and make more sacrifices to get good at it. Having said that I reckon surfing has a much greater long-term appeal and gives better rewards for all the hard work if you put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

ive only been snowboarding once, and one similarity ive noticed is that you go faster if you put more weight on your front foot, thats what ive noticed any ways

Advertisement