Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ Coogan

Options
  • 14-12-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭

= disaster, Colm did a much better job

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

fedor.2. wrote: »
    = disaster, Colm did a much better job

96FM = disaster, Today FM do a much better job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

More annoying than 'himself' if that were possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Agree, cant stand PJ, his voice is sooo irritating. Loves to drag out two sentences into a paragragh...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

most annoying radio presenter i've ever heard.. well theres one other.. hmmm clue = neurofen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

pow wow wrote: »
    More annoying than 'himself' if that were possible...

Oh god no, "he" was the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Ray D Arcy is your only man ! :D

Is Prendy definitely not coming back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

cork45 wrote: »
    Oh god no, "he" was the worst.

I thought he was too but at least he had some comprehension of what he was talking about to people (however off the wall his opinion was). This guy.....eugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

cork45 wrote: »
    96FM = disaster, Today FM do a much better job.
    Ray D Arcy is your only man ! :D

Whats wrong with Cork?
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Is Prendy definitely not coming back ?

Rumours suggest he will be back late January/early Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

gimmick wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Cork?

em well p.j coogan and neil prendeville for a start !!! as for the red fm presenters.. dont get me started. i just find ray d arcy s show entertaining, interesting and humourous. each to their own i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i just find ray d arcy s show entertaining, interesting and humourous. each to their own i suppose.

i have to say i agree. i first got listening to today fm when i was working in an IT company as we'd have it on in the background in the office, i loved it!

i used only listen to 96fm occasionally to keep up with local topics, P.J and Colm then irritated me so much i had to switch back to Darcy full time.
    Prenderville had off the wall opinions but he really was the man you love to hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

+1 to the last two posts ^^^ .. D'arcy manages to be reasonably entertaining without any BS.. there is another 96fm presenter on in afternoons, cant think of his name but even more annoying than the others cos he keeps repeating everything.. "accident on the south link so avoid the area" and just a word to listeners to avoid the south link .. blahh blahh 10 minutes later:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It's like this, a very childlike character getting excited about childish things. Three times today I turned off the radio.

I've already warned my wife that 96FM will be banned completely, as it was I only listened to Prenders ~ love/hate/idiot whatever ~ I used to switch him off too occasionally when he'd get too much, but now I just don't want to know and have no interest in the current presenter of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

corkcomp wrote: »
    most annoying radio presenter i've ever heard.. well theres one other.. hmmm clue = neurofen

Uh...Charlie Wolf (Red FM), Steve Hayes (96FM), Ryan Tubridy (whatever). All far worse than PJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Bring back Prenderville. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Prendeville is a tosser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Prendeville is a tosser!

Ye, but he always was like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

96fm was always on in my house, but i actually cant listen to coogan anymore. he's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

What about Victor Barry on Red FM? It's a pity they don't stick to music rather than boring the pants off us with so called 'chat'.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

I have to say I really don't know what people go on about when they give out about prenders, I thought he was a great presenter of the type of show he was aiming to present.

People seem to come on and say oh he had off the wall opinions but he presented an open opinion show he had to have an opinion on each subject to make the show an actual show. You also forget that in alot of cases he played devils advocate which is very important to get people to actually open up about an issue. I admit I do thus myself at times, it makes people question their opinions and beliefs and doesn't allow them to spout out some populist line and call it their opinion, make them actually believe in something and be willing to support their argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

The show is terrible with PJ on it. He has an irritating habit of repeating words and babbling tripe.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

There's just something about Coogan!
    I'm sure he's a nice guy, just not an easy to listen to guy!

96FM must be panicking at the moment in fairness.

kcb wrote: »
    There's just something about Coogan!
    I'm sure he's a nice guy, just not an easy to listen to guy!

96FM must be panicking at the moment in fairness.

PJ is not suited to hosting a show - better suited to doing short news reports.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Worztron wrote: »
    PJ is not suited to hosting a show - better suited to doing short news reports.
    shorter the better how about saying feck all the gombeen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

He has his good moments, doesn't accept bs. But the dragging out sentences/outright indignation thing gets a bit annoying.

PJ has a knack of using 50 words where 5 would suffice. The show is going nowhere but down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I can in all honesty no longer comment on PJ Coogan, I've saved myself that pain, weening off 96fm quite nicely thank you very much. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

PJ is the bomb...not a bother on him...he will slaughter Neill in the ratings....roll on the radio wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

corkonion wrote: »
    PJ is the bomb...not a bother on him...he will slaughter Neill in the ratings....roll on the radio wars.

Hi Peej.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Woke up the morning and PJ was on the clock radio. He asked enthusiastically for callers to ring in.

Quite late in the show my wife calls me to say he eventually got one caller.

Advertisement