Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ Coogan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I quite like him have to say! Used to avoid listen to the other twat since his gone I have been tuned in like all the time.. He seems very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Red Nissan wrote: »

Quite late in the show my wife calls me to say he eventually got one caller.

A Trocaire call no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Woke up the morning and PJ was on the clock radio. He asked enthusiastically for callers to ring in.

Quite late in the show my wife calls me to say he eventually got one caller.

Not sure what your on about but I noticed over the last few weeks that PJ is getting a lot more callers than what Neil was getting.

I think PJ is doing a good job overall.He sure knows his stuff and can have a bit of a laugh aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Not sure what your on about but I noticed over the last few weeks that PJ is getting a lot more callers than what Neil was getting.

I think PJ is doing a good job overall.He sure knows his stuff and can have a bit of a laugh aswell.

really?? my grandmother was listening in all week, and was saying that the only calls he had seemed "lined up", she mentioned one was with the gaelscoil peig sayers or something? she was saying they were more news orientated than the usual chat show calls would be.

apparently pj's voice is going through her head so she's waiting until neil's back to switch over, her friend that calls up said the same i think both Neil and pj are like marmite, you either love them or hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

My mother listens to Neils show and even though she finds him annoying at times she thinks he does a better job than PJ.

Are 96fm keeping PJ on to do the morning show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Pj is doing a good job at the minute. He does try a little too hard at times, over exaggerating his concern and over exaggerating his shock at various callers comments. Some people find his lisp or his slight speech impediment annoying, and while this does seem to be getting more pronounced as the years go by I am sure that his genuine interest in broadcasting makes up for it.
    That said I believe when Neill comes onair back in four weeks time it will be difficult for Pj to keep any listeners,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Stick a fork in 96,they're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I heard today that a lot of the internal Sales Staff/Account Managers have left 96FM & moved to RedFM also.

This will cripple 96FM if they take their black books with contacts in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

We stopped to get parking disks this morning, my wife jovially leap from the car and went into the shop.

A few moments later she came out angry and upset, "Is there anyway to BAN that idiot"

What's wrong says I, you were only in the shop two minutes. I was standing under the bleeding speaker and PJ was rabbiting on, on one of his pet subjects, he's so annoying.

She was genuinely upset and she eat her lunch before we got to our job. She is seriously getting withdrawal symptoms for the other presenter to appear on Red FM, she's counting down the bleedin days.

PJ should be in a plain white box with a health warning, "hazardous if listened too."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

We stopped to get parking disks this morning, my wife jovially leap from the car and went into the shop.

A few moments later she came out angry and upset, "Is there anyway to BAN that idiot"

What's wrong says I, you were only in the shop two minutes. I was standing under the bleeding speaker and PJ was rabbiting on, on one of his pet subjects, he's so annoying.

She was genuinely upset and she eat her lunch before we got to our job. She is seriously getting withdrawal symptoms for the other presenter to appear on Red FM, she's counting down the bleedin days.

PJ should be in a plain white box with a health warning, "hazardous if listened too."

Ah steady on...

• Advertisement

Sofa King wrote: »
    This will cripple 96FM if they take their black books with contacts in them.

You'll most likely see massive changes in ITV/UTV. too, it's no coincidence that they are challenging TV3 [in Ireland] ~ and they probably want to divest 96FM ... watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

When pj has someone on he never listens to them-hes already planning his next gombeen statement -absolutely terrible to listen to -they need to replace him fast or else their advertising revenue will disintegrate.

ROY RACE wrote: »
    When pj has someone on he never listens to them-hes already planning his next gombeen statement -.

Succinct and to the point.

Succinct and to the point.

Agreed, not like Neil who always rambled on. Pj is the bomb...straight to the point.

On a serious note, if 96fm stick with Pj, realistically they might as well pull the plug!! to be fair he is no broadcaster.

I would imagine that most people in Cork are thinking ..."I could do better than that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

corkonion wrote: »
    I would imagine that most people in Cork are thinking ..."I could do better than that"
    Exactly. He's awful. Go to wonder if 96FM has any plans to place to replace him.
    Still, he hasn't exposed himself on a plane and come up with a non-believable excuse, so he's got at least one attribute that's better than his predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Guys, give the guy a break, he is a human being after all
    He was jettisoned into the job at short notice
    I'm sure he will be back on the road doing his real job soon enough

Mods any chance you could close this thread? I find the abuse he is getting here unpalatable and unjustified.

And no, I dont know him or have any connections to him or 96fm before you ask...

Dbu wrote: »
    He's taking the money to do the job, he's open to criticism.
    Perhaps your correct that some comments are a bit overboard, but I doubt some messages on Boards.ie are going to bother him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

He's taking the money to do the job, he's open to criticism.
    Perhaps your correct that some comments are a bit overboard, but I doubt some messages on Boards.ie are going to bother him.

hey magic,
    not his real job though, i think he is a reporter on the road
    what i find funny is that people who seem to dislike him on the radio STILL listen to the show...why ?
    I dont like yogurt, so i dont eat it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I'm sure he will be back on the road doing his real job soon enough

Mods any chance you could close this thread? I find the abuse he is getting here unpalatable and unjustified.

And no, I dont know him or have any connections to him or 96fm before you ask...

He may be jettisoned from the job but I don't believe one can be jettisoned into a job.

not his real job though, i think he is a reporter on the road
    I've never liked his style; i.e. that drawn out end to a sentence just bugs me
    what i find funny is that people who seem to dislike him on the radio STILL listen to the show...why ?
    It's Cork's 96FM; the local station that discusses local issues. Many people will put it on no matter who presents the show.
    That's why I'm not convinced that people will now flock to RedFM and 96FM will somehow end up in the gutter.
    I dont like yogurt, so i dont eat it
    True.
    But you'll find that some (not all) of the comments here are for those that are championing Prenderville and so will automatically take it out on PJ and 96FM.
    Others just don't like PJ for their own reasons, which may be as trivial as mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Tubsand

I never liked pj even as a reporter. He loves the sound of his own voice and since taking over the show I have listened to it a few times. He bugged me. Fake laughter, everything's a pet hate of his. He over exaggerates too much and for the life of me I cannot understand how he can drag a 2 syllable word out to 4. I will switch to red fm when neil starts his show. For the moment today and 4 are doing grand.

I do and did. I could equally start a thread on how the station could be perceived as taking advantage of a lovely lad.

But it's what's on air currently is what we are discussing, it's the broadcast material.

I've the rival station on now on all my radios, including the clock radio [eventually], so I don't hear him anymore.

I think someone at 96fm must be reading this thread... I listened to Pj yesterday and he is like a changed man. He has certainly calmed down and gets far less excited when a caller says something vaguely interesting, while he still contributes his thoughts and opinions he is not doing so like someone yelling "chess"!!
    Despite myself, and I hate admitting it, I thought he was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Tubsand wrote: »
    I never liked pj even as a reporter. He loves the sound of his own voice and since taking over the show I have listened to it a few times. He bugged me. Fake laughter, everything's a pet hate of his. He over exaggerates too much and for the life of me I cannot understand how he can drag a 2 syllable word out to 4. I will switch to red fm when neil starts his show. For the moment today and 4 are doing grand.
    Sounds very like the man he replaced! Perhaps it's the chair a little sticky maybe.

corkonion wrote: »
    I thought he was good.

Good for you, but I won't be retuning to confirm your report. Thanks all the same.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 acehigh76

gimmick wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Cork?

em well p.j coogan and neil prendeville for a start !!! as for the red fm presenters.. dont get me started. i just find ray d arcy s show entertaining, interesting and humourous. each to their own i suppose.

I like ray darcy too. id like him more though if he didn't have a vagina

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I assume the ratings are bad for him now in Neil's place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

PJ given the gig full time.

Hope it goes well very well for him.

evilivor wrote: »
    PJ given the gig full time.

Hope it goes well very well for him.

Smiles. Untill I hear he has been sanctioned for offending old women, gays, single mothers, banning the pope from his show, and gets a northern american ascent, and can get away with it ... yawn.

Maybe a few hail marys will help too. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just told my wife that PJ was given the job full time ...

Her eyes roll skyward, "HE CAN HAVE IT"

Advertisement