Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ Coogan

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I can in all honesty no longer comment on PJ Coogan, I've saved myself that pain, weening off 96fm quite nicely thank you very much. :pac::pac::pac:
    Woke up the morning and PJ was on the clock radio. He asked enthusiastically for callers to ring in.

Quite late in the show my wife calls me to say he eventually got one caller.
    We stopped to get parking disks this morning, my wife jovially leap from the car and went into the shop.

A few moments later she came out angry and upset, "Is there anyway to BAN that idiot"

What's wrong says I, you were only in the shop two minutes. I was standing under the bleeding speaker and PJ was rabbiting on, on one of his pet subjects, he's so annoying.

She was genuinely upset and she eat her lunch before we got to our job. She is seriously getting withdrawal symptoms for the other presenter to appear on Red FM, she's counting down the bleedin days.

PJ should be in a plain white box with a health warning, "hazardous if listened too."
    Succinct and to the point.
    I do and did. I could equally start a thread on how the station could be perceived as taking advantage of a lovely lad.

But it's what's on air currently is what we are discussing, it's the broadcast material.

I've the rival station on now on all my radios, including the clock radio [eventually], so I don't hear him anymore.
    Good for you, but I won't be retuning to confirm your report. Thanks all the same.
    :)
    Smiles. Untill I hear he has been sanctioned for offending old women, gays, single mothers, banning the pope from his show, and gets a northern american ascent, and can get away with it ... yawn.

Maybe a few hail marys will help too. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Just told my wife that PJ was given the job full time ...

Her eyes roll skyward, "HE CAN HAVE IT"

OK,we get it,you dont like PJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

evilivor wrote: »
    PJ given the gig full time.

Hope it goes well very well for him.

heard who is going to be helping him and it i am so annoyed as i like both women and they have the potential to really make it a big show, what will sink them is pj at the helm,

i wonder though is the fact he hasn't currently got dedicated producers (or are emer and colm still working their notice?) the reason for the content being so ****e lately, in fact on the few times d'arcy has been on ads/doing something im not interested in and i have flicked over, 9 times out of 10 its been on ads, that 1 out of 10 pj is on the phone to a buddy of his pushing one of his many crusades.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

hoodwinked wrote: »
    heard who is going to be helping him and it i am so annoyed as i like both women and they have the potential to really make it a big show, what will sink them is pj at the helm,

i wonder though is the fact he hasn't currently got dedicated producers (or are emer and colm still working their notice?) the reason for the content being so ****e lately, in fact on the few times d'arcy has been on ads/doing something im not interested in and i have flicked over, 9 times out of 10 its been on ads, that 1 out of 10 pj is on the phone to a buddy of his pushing one of his many crusades.

Emer left last Friday and Colm finishes today. How the hell did PJ get permanency?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

In radio, permanency doesn't mean "for ever"!!. I think the Guy is doing ok and I don't see a lot of fantastic talk show hosts available to 96fm instead of him. I do think Neill will beat him in the ratings, but I could be wrong, time will tell. You can be sure that if Pj loses 96 a lot of listeners that his show will be axed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

corkonion wrote: »
    In radio, permanency doesn't mean "for ever"!!. I think the Guy is doing ok and I don't see a lot of fantastic talk show hosts available to 96fm instead of him. I do think Neill will beat him in the ratings, but I could be wrong, time will tell. You can be sure that if Pj loses 96 a lot of listeners that his show will be axed.

Clearly nothing is forever. He's way too soft on politicians. Also he seems to be completely ignoring emails.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

I am amazed that anyone could listen to 96FM for any length of time.
    For me it is the constant self advertising of the 'ninety six' number.
    Yes most of us have RDS on car radios and even home radios now so we don't constantly need to be told that we are listening to 96.4 FM
    When Rory Gallagher passed away listeners were told by 96FM that they would not play any of his music in tribute because 'it was not their style of music'.
    Bring back ERI (the fore runner of 96FM) or move to 103FM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

OK,we get it,you dont like PJ.

To be fair to me too though, this thread has been cobbled together from two other threads and many of my posting are comments on posts that now reside in other threads and so in this thread seem excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Outdoor-Artwork.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

dave1982 wrote: »
    Outdoor-Artwork.jpg

Genius. Everyone in 96 are on shaky ground now that the marque show is f*****, but whoever created the slogan has a future :)

So, they put a new guy, PJ Coogan in the prime spot and yet they advertise and implore people not to listen to Neil Prendeville on 104 ~ 106 FM.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

So, they put a new guy, PJ Coogan in the prime spot and yet they advertise and implore people not to listen to Neil Prendeville on 104 ~ 106 FM.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    You need to get over this obsession.

You need to get over this obsession.

I did not make that ad, it was not me, I had nothing to do with it. Honestly it was not me.

Follow my post on the Neil Prendeville thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I did not make that ad, it was not me, I had nothing to do with it. Honestly it was not me.

Follow my post on the Neil Prendeville thread.

I don't think any one thinks you made the ad.

You've already made it clear that you are very anti PJ, and the poster was saying you have to get over this issue.

I think the ad is great! I can't believe that its plastered all over buses in town. Wonder what Neils family think of the ad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Cian92 wrote: »
    I don't think any one thinks you made the ad.

You've already made it clear that you are very anti PJ, and the poster was saying you have to get over this issue.

I think the ad is great! I can't believe that its plastered all over buses in town. Wonder what Neils family think of the ad :p

As opposed to being plastered on a plane…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah stop it man. We get it. Honestly we do.

Advertisement