Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social welfare payments christmas 2010

• 14-12-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Does anyone know what the social welfare payments are due this christmas? I remember last year was a massive mix up...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iden

2wks this wk and 1wks pay next wk and nothing the wk after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved to State Benefits (it's not a Politics or political discussion:))

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daychris76

Thanks, but remember they said that last year and it didnt happen... we got 2wks then nothing til after christmas, if anyone has definite confirmation could they please post thanks!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

iden wrote: »
    2wks this wk and 1wks pay next wk and nothing the wk after

This correct,2wks today and 1 wk next wk and nothing the following wk till jan 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iden

plus you will be able to collect it again on the 31st dec,you know the way that ya can collect it twice in the one wk coming up to a bank holiday,but if you do that you will defo get nothing the first wk in jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

sam27 wrote: »

I'll see your link and raise you this one :

http://www.ipa.ie/Education_&_Training

Maybe I can go on a course to understand this ....
    Weekly Payments

All customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 13 December, 2010. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 20 December 2010 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payment(s) that week.

Payments due for collection on Wednesday 29 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 23 December 2010 with the exception of Back to Work and Disability Allowance Payments which can be collected from Wednesday, 22 December 2010.
    I've worked it out now for my case but why oh why do they make it soooo complicated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Have I got this wrong?

I get paid every Thursday (BTEA) into my bank account.

According to this link: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/ChristmasArrangements2010.aspx

I get this weeks payment and next week's payment (16 & 23 Dec) paid this week and no payment next week, but my next payment on 30 Dec, will be paid as normal?

Thanks.

two weeks paid this week 16 & 23

No payment on 23 rd

Back to normal payment on 30th December.

The above applies for eft payments. (Thursdays)

sam27 wrote: »
    two weeks paid this week 16 & 23

No payment on 23 rd

Back to normal payment on 30th December.

The above applies for eft payments. (Thursdays)
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:( And there i was thinking i got my xmas bonus today forgetting of course it was cancelled last year, i then thought they had made a mistake:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

The social welfare etc... are getting paid this week double and next week for week in advance.

But single parents dont. I have just had a few girls i know ring me crying on the phone as they get double week tis week and next week they get nothing until the 30th of December.They are now begging with SVP :(
    They are without Christmas presents for their kids and after paying their bills barely making it through for Christmas dinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 awesomeville

I got a double social welfare payment today but not double rent allowance/supplement. Does anyone know how rent allowance/supplement will be paid, it's my first time on it. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Got a single payment 196 eu got double fuel and double rent this week ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

first off i read the sticky, but im none the wiser. i on casual jb, meaning i get sent a chq in the post each week, ive not gotten any this week so far, am i to get a double payment this week then single next week then the following week nothing? (just in case it dosnt come on monday, ill be needing to follow it up):confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

caseyann wrote: »
    The social welfare etc... are getting paid this week double and next week for week in advance.

But single parents dont. I have just had a few girls i know ring me crying on the phone as they get double week tis week and next week they get nothing until the 30th of December.They are now begging with SVP :(
    They are without Christmas presents for their kids and after paying their bills barely making it through for Christmas dinners.

I'm sorry but why don't they give next weeks money to somebody they trust to hold onto it for them until next week and then they'll have money next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

are single parents loosing a week or when are they getting their double payments as went up thursdar and still have yet to receive a double payment or am i getting paid next week? 23rd?

kellyj77 wrote: »
    are single parents loosing a week or when are they getting their double payments as went up thursdar and still have yet to receive a double payment or am i getting paid next week? 23rd?

You should have got double week last week :confused: and you wont get paid again until the 30th apparently.
    Sounds like you need to ring someone about your claim.
    Your local post office should be able to inform you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Viksa

Hi I started getting my mat.benefit this monday,shouldnt i got paid double for xmas week or will i be paid on 27th or when im so comfused?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Got paid for 2 weeks last tuesday ... on jobseekers allowance.
    am I right to believe their is another payment on wednesday 22nd Dec? (the last for 2010)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I get paid on Monday... According to the link I should have got 2 weeks last week... However, I got one week last wee, two weeks today and have been told to come in again tomorrow to the post office. This doesn't make sense to me...

Anyone know how it ACTUALLY works, rather than what the link says?

Got paid last week a single payment 196
    single fuel and double rent
    im on swa from the hsa
    Do someone knows if we get paid this week normally??
    Cant find anything on the website from hsa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

whatsamsn wrote: »
    am I right to believe their is another payment on wednesday 22nd Dec? (the last for 2010)

That's correct.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Viksa wrote: »
    Hi I started getting my mat.benefit this monday,shouldnt i got paid double for xmas week or will i be paid on 27th or when im so comfused?
    Mine starts next week and I have not had a payment yet so we probably get it monday or later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Thanks, Balagan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I usually collect my payment on Tuesday so apparently I need to collect on Wednesday this week (tomorrow).
    However, bus services out home aren't running this week due to the weather so I've my last chance to get home today.
    Is there any chance my payment would be ready today, and if not, is it ok to miss it and collect 2 weeks worth on the 4th January when normal payments resume?

whatsamsn wrote: »

This is not the case if you are paid via EFT. There are no payments paid into Bank accounts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

:confused: Here's hoping I got this right. My wife got illness benefit into the bank account 2 weeks on Saturday 11th December which I assume is for Monday 13th December. Looking at the release she will next get a payment on Friday 24th December which is the payment due on the 27th December.

Is this right???

OMG They make it so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I'm on disability allowance and got paid double last week and double rent allowance yet she told me to come back this week (on a different day than usual).

For what, I don't know. :confused:

Did anyone get the extra €40 fuel payment that Lenihan announced in the budget?

• Advertisement

My sister is on jobseekers allowance. She gets paid into her bank account every Thursday.
    Last Thursday, she received two weeks pay (16th & 23rd) paid into her account. She receives nothing this week and will be paid next week as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Straycat wrote: »
    first off i read the sticky, but im none the wiser. i on casual jb, meaning i get sent a chq in the post each week, ive not gotten any this week so far, am i to get a double payment this week then single next week then the following week nothing? (just in case it dosnt come on monday, ill be needing to follow it up):confused::confused::confused:

I am also on casual but casual Job Seekers Allowance. It said to submit the 15th to the 21st by last week, so I submitted both weeks together last week (i.e. 08/12-14/12 and 15/12 - 21/12 on Monday last (the 13th). Got my payment on the 14th for the previous week (1st to the 7th December), then nothing this week?! I am always paid on a Tuesday by cheque so I am presuming I am screwed until after Christmas so.

Anyone else not got their cheque today as usual?

Edit: Bah just seen Carol's sticky - it says there are no payments this week and I should have gotten double last week? Not sure how that would have been possible (I just got €136 as i work a number of days) as it said the advance slip should be in by Monday the 13th unless I misread it. Ah wel I suppose I'm lucky I'm not depending on this for Christmas! I'd say I screwed up somewhere not sure how though :( Suppose I'll get it in New Year?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

tommy21 wrote: »
    I am also on casual but casual Job Seekers Allowance. It said to submit the 15th to the 21st by last week, so I submitted both weeks together last week (i.e. 08/12-14/12 and 15/12 - 21/12 on Monday last (the 13th). Got my payment on the 14th for the previous week (1st to the 7th December), then nothing this week?! I am always paid on a Tuesday by cheque so I am presuming I am screwed until after Christmas so.

Anyone else not got their cheque today as usual?

Edit: Bah just seen Carol's sticky - it says there are no payments this week and I should have gotten double last week? Not sure how that would have been possible (I just got €136 as i work a number of days) as it said the advance slip should be in by Monday the 13th unless I misread it. Ah wel I suppose I'm lucky I'm not depending on this for Christmas!

Hey I'm on casual too. I got one week last week and two this week, delivered today as usual. Maybe yours is delayed because of the snow? If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'd ring them.

It's rent allowance I'm confused about. God knows when it'll arrive!

Hey I'm on casual too. I got one week last week and two this week, delivered today as usual. Maybe yours is delayed because of the snow? If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'd ring them.

It's rent allowance I'm confused about. God knows when it'll arrive!

Hmm wel that's a little more promising. A problem I'd say though as other post did arrive and I live right in middle of Cork City Centre so couldn't be it. It only ever comes on a Tuesday but fingers crossed for tomorrow anyway.. Can get time off work to drop in I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lcadevil

im on dissability allowance and i got double pay and double rent last week. i get paid into my bank account every Wednesday. should i be getting double again this week???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

lcadevil wrote: »
    im on dissability allowance and i got double pay and double rent last week. i get paid into my bank account every Wednesday. should i be getting double again this week???

Same here and just checked my bank. A single payment went in today. Maybe they've made some kid of mistake? Next week is a normal working week, I can't see why they wouldn't be paying again.

Not sure about rent allowance, she told me to go back on Thursday this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lcadevil

thanks. i was just confused because when i went to cash my rent allowance check the guy said double pay this week. maybe he ment double rent allowance. ill chance my arm tho and head to the post office just in case. cheers anyways:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

As far as I am aware last week was a double week, this week is a single week and next week you get nothing.

Got my double last week and went in yesterday to collect my single week and was told there was a delay and to try again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 luk2828

Why are they crying to you on the phones . If they are single parents dont they have all that free Money like the rest of us do . They should be very happy and so honoured to have that amount of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 luk2828

Why are they crying to you on the phones . If they are single parents dont they have all that free Money like the rest of us do . They should be very happy and so honoured to have that amount of money for free . single parents allowance , children,s allowance , and rent allowance . probably living in some nice 2 bedroom apartment or 4 bedroom house . Before you start to think I,m trying to get at anyone think about . I **** broke but I,m honoured that I get this my free allowance . And I have seen with my own eyes on many occasions the life styles of the so called single parents , They should be so lucky . I have and know aleast 6 people with these allowances . They always seem to have money for drink, smoke,s and even there nice cars . not all have cars of course but i,ve seen most who have cars . I have 1 child myself and a partner , we have 1 payment of social welfare , partner has no social welfare and no income of any . So for 3 people we have 196 per week . no childrens allowance or rent allowance . i,m not unset that i dont have this . i,m fine and used to this kind of thing no problem . reasons the partner has no social and we have no childrens allowance . partner and child came from aboard 6 months ago . i,m irish of course . i dont let my partner apply for any free money because i wont want anyone to think ill of me and my foreign partner .
    we live at my parents who are both retired so dont even think my parents support us in every way , sure we have free rent , but we dont have a nice 4 bedroomed home like others and we dont want one because when i get back to work i will do the right thing and get a 1 bedroom apartment myself.
    single parents have enough already in any other country you would have **** all . be happy with what you got and stop crying about things . you should look at yourselfs carefull . sure your partner might have ran away , but look at what you get for free . its great . any other country in the would you would just be living at home with your parents taking care of a baby broke as hell waiting for your parents to pay for baby food and clothes , no smokes and drink . and only getting clothes that might be picked up for you from time to time . so again I say your all spoiled as hell . I know because I think that ireland has soiled me also . who knows maybe the partner of the child has to pay some money as well . maybe . if so there you go more childrens allowance . my mum told me that when we were kids all she had was 70 irish pound a month for 6 children , and she had a heart condition and unable to work with a drunk beat down unemployed husband who only worked 4 years out of 30 .
    so i know what its like it very very hard times all my life . so dont you single parents tell me you have it bad . waken up and be happy with all you have .
    you said you have no gifts for the kids , well get better at saving . if we did and can still do it then so can you . also kids have too much in this country aslo I could write a story about this because i have lived with this most of my life . I have also had so greats highs and so bad lows . please respond to my post as i know so many dublin single partners will be bulling , Lets get talking and dont just tell me your going to eat my heart .

luk2828 wrote: »
    Why are they crying to you on the phones . If they are single parents dont they have all that free Money like the rest of us do . They should be very happy and so honoured to have that amount of money for free . single parents allowance , children,s allowance , and rent allowance . probably living in some nice 2 bedroom apartment or 4 bedroom house . Before you start to think I,m trying to get at anyone think about . I **** broke but I,m honoured that I get this my free allowance . And I have seen with my own eyes on many occasions the life styles of the so called single parents , They should be so lucky . I have and know aleast 6 people with these allowances . They always seem to have money for drink, smoke,s and even there nice cars . not all have cars of course but i,ve seen most who have cars . I have 1 child myself and a partner , we have 1 payment of social welfare , partner has no social welfare and no income of any . So for 3 people we have 196 per week . no childrens allowance or rent allowance . i,m not unset that i dont have this . i,m fine and used to this kind of thing no problem . reasons the partner has no social and we have no childrens allowance . partner and child came from aboard 6 months ago . i,m irish of course . i dont let my partner apply for any free money because i wont want anyone to think ill of me and my foreign partner .
    we live at my parents who are both retired so dont even think my parents support us in every way , sure we have free rent , but we dont have a nice 4 bedroomed home like others and we dont want one because when i get back to work i will do the right thing and get a 1 bedroom apartment myself.
    single parents have enough already in any other country you would have **** all . be happy with what you got and stop crying about things . you should look at yourselfs carefull . sure your partner might have ran away , but look at what you get for free . its great . any other country in the would you would just be living at home with your parents taking care of a baby broke as hell waiting for your parents to pay for baby food and clothes , no smokes and drink . and only getting clothes that might be picked up for you from time to time . so again I say your all spoiled as hell . I know because I think that ireland has soiled me also . who knows maybe the partner of the child has to pay some money as well . maybe . if so there you go more childrens allowance . my mum told me that when we were kids all she had was 70 irish pound a month for 6 children , and she had a heart condition and unable to work with a drunk beat down unemployed husband who only worked 4 years out of 30 .
    so i know what its like it very very hard times all my life . so dont you single parents tell me you have it bad . waken up and be happy with all you have .
    you said you have no gifts for the kids , well get better at saving . if we did and can still do it then so can you . also kids have too much in this country aslo I could write a story about this because i have lived with this most of my life . I have also had so greats highs and so bad lows . please respond to my post as i know so many dublin single partners will be bulling , Lets get talking and dont just tell me your going to eat my heart .

My partner ran off on me and i am in an apartment and i get free money? Where did i write anything about my private business here? :confused: See through walls can you :rolleyes: I couldnt be arsed replying to anything else to you except.Good at making assumptions arent you and rabbling on:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hmm wel that's a little more promising. A problem I'd say though as other post did arrive and I live right in middle of Cork City Centre so couldn't be it. It only ever comes on a Tuesday but fingers crossed for tomorrow anyway.. Can get time off work to drop in I'd say.

Phew it arrived by post today :) Hope anyone waiting on it gets theirs in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

luk2828 wrote: »

Banned for one month + infracted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I got a double week last week and nothing this week. Slightly confused as I understood it to be double last week, normal this week and nothing next week?

I'm paid into a bank account, I don't see why electronic payments have to be in anyway different. Why couldn't they just stay the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I got a double week last week and nothing this week. Slightly confused as I understood it to be double last week, normal this week and nothing next week?

I'm paid into a bank account, I don't see why electronic payments have to be in anyway different. Why couldn't they just stay the same?

If your BTEA is usually paid on Mon, Tue, or Wed you should receive next week's BTEA payment into your account tomorrow 24th Dec and if paid on a Thursday it will go into your account on Thursday 30th Dec

Payment directly to an account in a financial institution – (Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT))
    Weekly Payments

All customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 13 December, 2010. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 20 December 2010 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payment(s) that week except for Maternity Health and Safety Benefit.

Payments due Monday 27, Tuesday 28 & Wednesday the 29 December 2010 will be paid on the Friday 24 December 2010 with the exception of Back to Work and Disability Allowance payment which will be paid on Wednesday 22 December 2010.

Payments due on Thursday 30 December 2010 will be paid on Thursday 30 December 2010.

Payments due on Friday 31 December 2010 will be paid on Friday 31 December 2010 with the exception of Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit, Illness Benefit, Maternity Health and Safety Benefit and Basic Supplementary Welfare Allowance which will be paid on Thursday 30 December 2010.

Payments due on Monday 3 January 2011 will be paid on the Thursday 30 December 2010.

Normal payment dates will resume from Tuesday 4 January 2011.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/ChristmasArrangements2010.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 turtleback78

So guys, i was paid double last week the 15th, should i have a payment today? if i could not collect it will they hold it until next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

I got 2 weeks last week and another today last one until Jan

Did anyone else get a payment today? I got a payment for my B.T.E.A (Back To Education Allowance) today for €196.

I got a double payment last week and thought the next payment wasn't until the 30th (next week)?

Last week i got single SWA and fuel, double rent
    This week got fuel and SWA paid untill the 11th next month but not the rent for next 2 weeks
    so do i have to go to the post office next thursday for the rent or do i have to wait untill the 11th of the next month dont understand it anymore
    Will be happy if everything is running normal again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Did anyone else get a payment today? I got a payment for my B.T.E.A (Back To Education Allowance) today for €196.

I got a double payment last week and thought the next payment wasn't until the 30th (next week)?

This happened to me too, so I'm guessing now we don't get another till the 6th of January?

They've confused the shish outa me with all this messing around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

did anyone who gets their payment into the bank and got double jobseekers last week get payment paid into their bank account this week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement