Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social welfare payments christmas 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Morning All

Hi All.
    I should get my Child Benefit paid on Tuesday 4th. With the Monday being a holiday, will this go into my bank on Friday 31st? Been through all the threads and all I can see is normal service from the 4th but cant see how they can pay me on the Monday night???
    Many Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I got a double btea payment on thurs the 16 dec, nothing the following week, but got a payment today that I wasn't expecting till next thursday, dont know why it's early !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hi All.
    I should get my Child Benefit paid on Tuesday 4th. With the Monday being a holiday, will this go into my bank on Friday 31st? Been through all the threads and all I can see is normal service from the 4th but cant see how they can pay me on the Monday night???
    Many Thanks

I am sure will go through on friday to be there tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I usually get my Child Benefit on the Saturday if the Monday is a bank Holiday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

Payments due for collection on Tuesday 28 December 2010may be collected from Wednesday 22 December 2010
    Thats ridiculous:mad:
    Why didn't they tell me it was going to be before the collection date? How the hell was I supposed to know?
    What do I do now, how can I collect this payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 smedly

for what it's worth

3 weeks 50 51 52

payments can be any combination of the following if you are paid by direct transfer

2 1 0
    2 1 0 even though they look the same the middle payment will either be for that week or an advance payment for week 52, it all adds up to the same thing i.e. no payment week 52 or week ending 31st

if you look at the bank date of payment depending on what type of wellfare you are on it will be dated accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Just Ice

Went to bank machine today to see if MONTHLY RENT ALLOWANCE was deposited into my account. No luck. Does anybody know when they are supposed to be deposited into bank accounts? Usually it is in my bank account by 27th of the month. Thanks!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Just Ice wrote: »
    Went to bank machine today to see if MONTHLY RENT ALLOWANCE was deposited into my account. No luck. Does anybody know when they are supposed to be deposited into bank accounts? Usually it is in my bank account by 27th of the month. Thanks!:)

I get mine by cheque. It arrived last week, a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 IBeTheProphet

Anybody know where i can cash a jobseeker's allowance cheque? Does it have to be the Post Office?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Just Ice

I get mine by cheque. It arrived last week, a week early.

Thanks!

Do you know anybody or does anybody out their get their rent paid directly in the bank? If so could you let me know if yours (theirs) has been posted in your (their) BANK ACCOUNT yet or let me know the expected date of arrival?

All the best,

Just Ice :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

I know I'm not alone in this because there were several people standing outside a closed Post Office but I (stupidly) assumed that because I picked up two weeks JSB payment on Dec 14th that that was for the 14th and the 21st and then this week I could collect again. To me that seems absolutely logical and honestly it didn't occur to me that it was two weeks, one week, then skip a week. I rang the SW office and she said it might be there for me tomorrow when the PO opens again but it's at the discretion of the PO whether they hold onto it for me (What the hell? Surely they have written policies for this stuff).

Apparently they usually hold it for three days. Was the PO open on Christmas Eve? Can't see Christmas opening hours on their website.

Honestly, would it have been too much for the girl in the PO to say come back next week but nothing the week after? Or even tell you when you're signing on?

I know I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see but Grrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

I know I'm not alone in this because there were several people standing outside a closed Post Office but I (stupidly) assumed that because I picked up two weeks JSB payment on Dec 14th that that was for the 14th and the 21st and then this week I could collect again. To me that seems absolutely logical and honestly it didn't occur to me that it was two weeks, one week, then skip a week. I rang the SW office and she said it might be there for me tomorrow when the PO opens again but it's at the discretion of the PO whether they hold onto it for me (What the hell? Surely they have written policies for this stuff).

Apparently they usually hold it for three days. Was the PO open on Christmas Eve? Can't see Christmas opening hours on their website.

Honestly, would it have been too much for the girl in the PO to say come back next week but nothing the week after? Or even tell you when you're signing on?

Am in the same boat, went to the PO last Wednesday and was told payment was delayed for a day so went back on Thursday but only received 1 weeks money, I was banking on being paid today :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The Post Offices were open till 1.00 pm on Christmas Eve

All POs should have had notices up showing advance payment dates. Perhaps there were not enough posted up and usually they are just A4 size when they really need to be far larger so people can read from the queues. Chances are the PO will have last week's payment still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

Im going to go into my Post Office tomorrow about it, hopefully they will have this weeks payment for me. If not then do I go into the Social Welfare Office in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 horse10

i got 2 weeks js allowance on the 15 and one week on the 23 of dec so am i right in thinking i get nothing this week and normal service next week ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 christmas baby

horse10 wrote: »
    i got 2 weeks js allowance on the 15 and one week on the 23 of dec so am i right in thinking i get nothing this week and normal service next week ???

yes thats right,
    i got 2 weeks illness benefit on 15th and nothing since:(gonna try calling today,although i am sure the lines will be pretty busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Follow up: Went to PO this morning and money was still there. Phew! Thanks for replies all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Yes dole is in Post Office taday. Well mine was anyway, Was a bit suprised :eek: happy now :D think il be ringing in the new year in some sort of style Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Did anyone else get a payment today? I got a payment for my B.T.E.A (Back To Education Allowance) today for €196.

I got a double payment last week and thought the next payment wasn't until the 30th (next week)?
    Zangetsu wrote: »
    This happened to me too, so I'm guessing now we don't get another till the 6th of January?

They've confused the shish outa me with all this messing around...
    I didn't get a payment this week which I am assuming is because I got a payment last week.

Are payments back to normal from next week onwards?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My brother is on jsa,he was told he could collect his payment either today or tuesday,is this right?he got a double wk on the 14th dec and a single last wk.Im guessing if he collects today he'll have no payment next on tuesday till tuesday wk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Can someone help me with this. I'm not sure when my next payment is.

I got paid on the:

14th - Double Week
    21st - One Week
    28th - None
    31st - One Week

I'm guessing I get paid again on the 11th but I'm not 100% sure. So do I get paid tomorrow or the 11th?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 J. M. Smith

I work on a casual basis, and receive a social welfare cheque every Tuesday.

Sometimes after a bank holiday I receive a cheque on the Wednesday.

It is Thursday, and I have not yet received payment - should I contact my social welfare office? I have to pay my electricity bill this week, or they will cut me off!

I received a cheque for 2 weeks [ay 3 weeks ago, so that should not be an issue.

Has anyone else had delays? I live in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

It is Thursday, and I have not yet received payment - should I contact my social welfare office? I have to pay my electricity bill this week, or they will cut me off!

I received a cheque for 2 weeks [ay 3 weeks ago, so that should not be an issue.

I'm on casual too. I've gotten
    2 weeks (23rd)
    1 week (29th)
    and none this week, which seems correct, so I'd get on to them if I was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Exact same working status and scenario for me! - but in Cork here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elainey20009

tommy21 wrote: »
    Exact same working status and scenario for me! - but in Cork here

hi same happened to me. just wondering if ye go a cheque because i didn't?

hi same happened to me. just wondering if ye go a cheque because i didn't?

Nope none - will wait for post tomorrow and go in if nothing arrives. How long since your last payment?

tommy21 wrote: »
    Nope none - will wait for post tomorrow and go in if nothing arrives. How long since your last payment?

Phew mine arrived this morning - going from 29 Dec to 04 Jan plus it mentions "arrears" on it - it is like a payment and a half of what I normally get.

Advertisement