If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVR-1910 Dead? Can you help?

Options
  • 14-12-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi Guys,

Bought an AVR-1910 from you in September last year (yes.. just over a year ago). Been running it with some KEF 3005-SEs and loving the system.

A few days ago one of the speakers started to crackle a little (right rear) and all of a sudden a "pop" and the receiver shut down.. with the Power LED flashing quickly. A bit of Googling suggested either overheating, speaker cable short or a dead amp. After a quick check for any speaker cables shorting (there were none), I left it unplugged overnight, and all was fine again.

Since then it's happened a second time, after which I could turn it straight back on, and now a third time, and this time it switches on, then when it goes to start the sound, it switches straight off with same symptoms (same as original time).

Unfortunately, after a full 24-hour break, it's still the same, so I disconnected everything and also tried the microprocessor reset procedure, and it's still the same.

So, 2 questions:
    1. Is there anything else I can try to get it going?
    2. if it's dead, I guess it's a 12-month warranty. Is there anything you can do to help me with Denon?

Thanks in advance,
    Dog

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BadDog wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Bought an AVR-1910 from you in September last year (yes.. just over a year ago). Been running it with some KEF 3005-SEs and loving the system.

A few days ago one of the speakers started to crackle a little (right rear) and all of a sudden a "pop" and the receiver shut down.. with the Power LED flashing quickly. A bit of Googling suggested either overheating, speaker cable short or a dead amp. After a quick check for any speaker cables shorting (there were none), I left it unplugged overnight, and all was fine again.

Since then it's happened a second time, after which I could turn it straight back on, and now a third time, and this time it switches on, then when it goes to start the sound, it switches straight off with same symptoms (same as original time).

Unfortunately, after a full 24-hour break, it's still the same, so I disconnected everything and also tried the microprocessor reset procedure, and it's still the same.

So, 2 questions:
    1. Is there anything else I can try to get it going?
    2. if it's dead, I guess it's a 12-month warranty. Is there anything you can do to help me with Denon?

Thanks in advance,
    Dog

Dog,

No problem - Sounds like you (may) have fried a rear which (may) have in turn fried the 1910 - however thats a complete sight unseen balance of probability guess!

Anyway we give a 2 year warranty with Denon so there is still no worries - if you can get it back to us either to The PHILIPS SHOP or Richer Belfast we will send it on to a Denon service agent for you in the UK.

Please make sure it is well packed for shipping - please remember that couriers think AV equipment are footballs and TV's are Javlins - if you pack it on that basis - it will be fine..

Keep me posted and we will get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BadDog

That's (mostly) fantastic news John, Thanks.

(The "mostly" bit is that I hope the speaker hasn't caused the problem.. I know it's impossible for you to tell from there!).

Still have original packaging, so will try to get it into Philips in Dublin tomorrow.

Hate to be a pain, but any idea of turnaround times for that sort of thing.. with Christmas and all, I guess it's a long one?!?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BadDog wrote: »
    That's (mostly) fantastic news John, Thanks.

(The "mostly" bit is that I hope the speaker hasn't caused the problem.. I know it's impossible for you to tell from there!).

Still have original packaging, so will try to get it into Philips in Dublin tomorrow.

Hate to be a pain, but any idea of turnaround times for that sort of thing.. with Christmas and all, I guess it's a long one?!?

Bad,

Great yep whop it into the Philips Shop ASAP - but to be honest there are 2 hopes of getting in back into Dublin before Christmas (and to be fair Denon service is normally superb) - Ash in The Philips Shop has a loan Denon AVR unit for you to get you over Christmas.

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Baddog

I have an loaner here for you in The Philips Shop

please pom me your nameand detailsand I'll reserve itfor you
    atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BadDog

Thanks guys, that's very greatly appreciated, and way above my expectations!

Hope you didn't mistake me - was only asking "how long" out of interest, and certainly didn't think that it could be turned around before New Year.

Another example of the outstanding customer service from RicherSounds!

Heading down to the store now!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.