Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Mounting a Flatscreen TV

• 14-12-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was hoping someone could advise me on mounting a 32" TV? Has anyone done it before? Is it hard? Anything i should avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

we put up a 37". just use a solid wall. I had to buy those bolts that expand the more you tighten them. don't ask me the proper name. get them in diy store. ones that came with bracket were useless. used one of them levels with magnet on bottom to get bracket level on wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Rawlbolts. Use 4 8mm rawlbolts to mount it to the wall. Make sure its a solid block wall, and keep it level, thats about it really.

Just be mindful of anything that could be in the wall behind it, like cables etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi, I was hoping someone could advise me on mounting a 32" TV? Has anyone done it before? Is it hard? Anything i should avoid?
    Its no problem. What wall are you placing TV on. Is it a solid ( block ) wall or studded partition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

dodzy wrote: »
    Its no problem. What wall are you placing TV on. Is it a solid ( block ) wall or studded partition ?

Its a solid block wall dodzy, do all wall brackets fit all tv brands or is it brand specific?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Deedsie wrote: »
    Its a solid block wall dodzy, do all wall brackets fit all tv brands or is it brand specific?

Most of them are universal so they'll fit any tv. Just make sure you read the box first just in case. And if using rawbolts then they will have no problem holding up a tv of that size. One thing to keep in mind is the condition of the solid wall. If it's a really old house then theres a chance of the blocks crumbling when you go to drill the holes, resulting in no fixing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

Brackets are universal. Bracket comes with bolts of different length for different type tvs. Make sure you get one that is suited to a 32" tv for obvious reasons. here is a site that has all the types: http://www.tvwallbrackets.com/?utm_source=adcenter. We went for the swivel tv bracket cause of where tv is.

Advertisement