Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bent USB

• 14-12-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I bent my USB while it was in my computer this morning, the top part broken off but the key won't read now. However, the key is made of metal. Is it a complete write off??

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

KaiserLu wrote: »
    Hi,

I bent my USB while it was in my computer this morning, the top part broken off but the key won't read now. However, the key is made of metal. Is it a complete write off??

Cheers!
    open it up maybe solder it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KaiserLu

Ok, am a complete DIY novice, but wil that fix it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭GarRo247

If you have vital data on it there is a place in Tallaght called data recovery center that will get data from any broken drive for €250 even if it seems impossible. I think they only usually work with businesses but if you need it badly you could try there. If you don't need it I wouldn't try soldering unless your a professional, if you do it badly and 2 of the pins in the usb end up touching it could send the power going to the usb straight back into the computer and fry it.

EDIT: If you dont need the data on it you can get a small usb for about €8 in argos or an 8Gig usb for €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KaiserLu

just re read my first post and I mistyped.... the top isnt broken off, just bent..... does that make it any easier??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Circuit inside probably damaged, open casing and have a look

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

open casing ,post a pic,usb has 3 wires, one maybe broke.is the data on it important.

Advertisement