Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4fm ?

• 14-12-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I thought 4fm was ment to be sounding good these days? Well i tuned in this evening and was shocked to hear poor voicetracking crashing the news, and a petty dull playlist. Is there any point to this station? They even have a talk show during the mid morning now like every other radio station. How boring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kunle

This week they are even broadcasting repeats of the Tom mcguirk show , he must have already left the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kunle wrote: »
    I thought 4fm was ment to be sounding good these days? Well i tuned in this evening and was shocked to hear poor voicetracking crashing the news, and a petty dull playlist. Is there any point to this station? They even have a talk show during the mid morning now like every other radio station. How boring.

I find David Harvey to be quite interesting to listen to, a lot better than the alternatives at that time of the morning. Never warmed to McGurk, always struck me as an arrogant know it all. For music though, they really do have a good playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Yes I would have to agree about David Harvey. He's easy on the ear. Pity about his counterpart on Breakfast, I just can't listen to him at all..

Looking forward to the changes in the New year though.. sounding positive for 2011..

Any idea who will be doing drivetime in the new year?
    bbability wrote: »
    Yes I would have to agree about David Harvey. He's easy on the ear. Pity about his counterpart on Breakfast, I just can't listen to him at all..

Looking forward to the changes in the New year though.. sounding positive for 2011..

My information is that this is the new line up from tuesday january 4th, 6-10am gareth o callaghan, 10-12 david harvey, 12-4 jimmy grealy, 4-8 brian mccoll, 8-midnight marian farrel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Kunle wrote: »

I wouldn't normally bump, but nothing changes! The voicetracking is jarring as ever, but, and it may be down to taste, I find the playlist far better at night, than the generic 80s crap that can pop up during the day (as opposed to the good 80s stuff).

It's gone to the stage where, when a good one kicks in, you check the clock to see if it's going to be faded to the jingle twenty seconds in for the hourly news, sloppy at best.

I mentioned this on their facebook page once or twice, and was rewarded with a less than complimentary namecheck on air, lollers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

4FM is automated after 6pm on Saturdays and 7pm Sundays...that's a bad sign of a station slowly sinking IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

I really liked 4fm at the start and was a very regular listener.

They had some good shows....The Great American Songbook with Noel McCaul, Saturday Night at the Movies and the weekend chat with Michael Comyn, Derek Davis and Maura O'Neill was very good....all gone now, obviously not getting the listeners?

I do a lot of flicking around between different stations during the day and 4fm doesn't even get a look in anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Cole wrote: »
    I really liked 4fm at the start and was a very regular listener.

They had some good shows....The Great American Songbook with Noel McCaul, Saturday Night at the Movies and the weekend chat with Michael Comyn, Derek Davis and Maura O'Neill was very good....all gone now, obviously not getting the listeners?

I do a lot of flicking around between different stations during the day and 4fm doesn't even get a look in anymore.
    The automation of 4 is sad given the amount of half decent broadcasters the backers could call on to anchor week-end shows.

As for the talent drain, I think that's cost driven...

Hard to see 4's place in the future given it's lack of direction and sloppy auto. Shame in my view cos I still think the audience is there for it - those maybe who've stopped listening to 104 and don't wanna go radio 1. I think Bay may be sole owners at this stage and they have commitments to Nova as well.

Advertisement