Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello

Options
  • 14-12-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

hi all i'm new to this forum and new to shooting. i'm picking up my first rifle tommow a cz 452 22lr :D. cant wait!!! so this is a quick hello, no doubt i'll be on to pick your brains when im stuck:rolleyes: cheers jay.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Welcome aboard jay.b

Thats a fine rifle whether its your first or 31st. Many happy days shooting with it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

jay.b wrote: »
    my first rifle tommow a cz 452 22lr

Good choice. What are you looking at for your next buy? :D:D:D
    (It gets a little addictive)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

dos29 wrote: »
    Good choice. What are you looking at for your next buy? :D:D:D
    (It gets a little addictive)

im thinking a barret 50cal ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I sold my CZ

Jonty wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I sold my CZ

ive done lots of research on line and watched lots of vids about cz 452, they seem to have a really good reputation. im chuffed to be getting one. it took 3 weeks for the licence to come through so santa has come early!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

I have a CZ 452 lux. Its a savage little firearm. Unbelieveable accuracy out of the box.
    I think the Lapua sub sonic rounds work best with my cz.

You may pick up about 600rnds of ammo youll be shootin mad for the first few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

3 weeks is a great turnaround:cool: good luck and safe shooting with your new set up;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Hello,
    Welcome.

Well wear and good luck.

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

best of luck with the new purchase,
    Like many here I started out with a cz 457 and bushnel 3-9 scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

All the best and welcome to the mad house.

My CZ style was fond of the Laupa and Eley subs so cheap shoting ahead for ya. :D

This is what I now have the CZ Varmint in a custom stock with a
    Bushnell 10x40 3200 elite scope on top and this still likes the same ammo.

CZvarmint1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

didnt get to shoot my cz 452 22lr in months due to work and that and was seriously thinking of substituting if for a semi auto shot gun as i would get more use out of a shotty. until last night i blew the dust off it and decided to go for a lamp. first field lit up with four sets of eyes turned on electronic caller and in came one to what i paced as 85 paces and bang im in love again. shot 4 rabbits too at about the same distance and was surprised at how accurate it still was.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Welcome on board jay.b
    Good choice of rifle - Got a CZ452 myself as my starter rifle and still love it! It's good cheap target fun!

Enjoy! And welcome to the addiction!

:cool:

dC

hi all. well i picked up the cz this eve:D:D:D its got a redfield 4x12 scope and a parker hale silencer. cant wait to get out and use it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

jay.b wrote: »
    hi all. well i picked up the cz this eve:D:D:D its got a redfield 4x12 scope and a parker hale silencer. cant wait to get out and use it!!
    Good luck with it lad and safe shootin!!

Clive, where did you get that lad holdin the spare clips on your stock?????? iv been searchin and cant find one and my RFD hasnt a clue ether!

Clive, where did you get that lad holdin the spare clips on your stock??????

I'd also like to know Clive please. Looks like it raises the comb a little too, which I'd really like.

Good luck with it lad and safe shootin!!

Clive, where did you get that lad holdin the spare clips on your stock?????? iv been searchin and cant find one and my RFD hasnt a clue ether!
    dos29 wrote: »
    I'd also like to know Clive please. Looks like it raises the comb a little too, which I'd really like.

It's like the "when you know how" it's easy.

The scope was a little high so there is some carpet underlay to rise the comb that extra bit and works very well.

The mag holder is a 9 bullet holder with the stiching removed from every other loop. I used a "quick unpick" to cut the stiching without cutting the material as well.
    It holds the 22lr mags tight, but not too tight, and makes it real handy to change the mags over. Available from your local dealers. ;:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CZvarmint3.jpgquick%20unpick.jpg

clever boy:p

clever boy:p

as others have said I've to much time to spare. :o

clivej wrote: »
    as others have said I've to much time to spare. :o
    well youv just saved me alot more waisted time searchin for it!!

Top marks Clive, fair play to ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hiya Jay - welcome to the nut-house! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Welcome aboard Jay !!!

thanks every one! @ clive i too was looking on line for that stock cover. very clever! looks great too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Howdy Jay :)

Advertisement