Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quest to find an Epic Christmas jumper!

• 14-12-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

ok folks,so on Saturday were doing the 12 pubs of Christmas and as a rule we've got to wear a Christmas jumper :D

where in Dublin will I find something with like reindeer and Christmas trees on it???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Phoenix park if you want to make one yourself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055017042

The folks over in Fashion and Appearance have a good thread on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Phonix park if you want to make one yourself

I would only I don't have time to "do a dexter" on one by Saturday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Wear a Hawaiian shirt. You'll look just as 'cool' :)

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Wear a Hawaiian shirt. You'll look just as 'cool' :)

that's just silly talk!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

God, it's not funny anymore! Why do boards nerds get so carried away with fads like this...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/12/14/118-ugly-sweater-parties/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

punchdrunk wrote: »
    ok folks,so on Saturday were doing the 12 pubs of Christmas and as a rule we've got to wear a Christmas jumper :D

where in Dublin will I find something with like reindeer and Christmas trees on it???

Mug Ryan Tubridy.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    God, it's not funny anymore! Why do boards nerds get so carried away with fads like this...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/12/14/118-ugly-sweater-parties/

I didn't make the rules!!

and it's got nothing to do with boards! infact I'd say I'm the only boardsie going!!

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Mug Ryan Tubridy.

he's built like a chicken bone with a bit of fluff on it

I'm like doug from "king of queens" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

he's built like a chicken bone with a bit of fluff on it

I'm like doug from "king of queens" :D

Mug him two days in a row and sew them together. He'll never expect it the second day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Can you sow? Might be a bit late to order a jumper, but buy one of those awful Christmas tea towel and cut out the character and sow it onto a plain jumper/ get your mammy to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    God, it's not funny anymore!
    It is actually. We'd great craic last sat in town checkin out all the jumpers.Lads seemed to be more fun and relaxed tbh...some absolutely hilarious ones out there.

Can you sow? Might be a bit late to order a jumper, but buy one of those awful Christmas tea towel and cut out the character and sow it onto a plain jumper/ get your mammy to do it.

I actually can sow,used to work making teddies!
    (not for santa though :( )

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the missus is from norway and her mother knitted me one for xmas, getting it early for the 12 pubs :-), will blow everyones AWAY! few battery powered fairy lights on it for good measure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Just sew some christmas lights onto a jumper and hook it up to a battery pack. Seen that done more than once last weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

the missus is from norway and her mother knitted me one for xmas, getting it early for the 12 pubs :-), will blow everyones AWAY! few battery powered fairy lights on it for good measure

Can she knit me one? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

fjon wrote: »

there's no way that a delivery would get here by Friday i'd say :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

there's no way that a delivery would get here by Friday i'd say :(

Actually you can pick the jumper up in their shop on Wicklow st. Think they've only got 2 or 3 types though

sweet thanks!

• Advertisement

sweet thanks!

actually most my mates are lazy unimaginative gits so there's bound to be a few each of these,if they only do 3!!

I thinking of finding a green jumper and sowing loads of cheap decorations/christmas teddies onto it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I posted this in F&A before but I just got one from her today and it's awesome, she'll do up a jumper you give her or you can buy them from her too, she's based right in Dublin City Centre.

http://www.facebook.com/nicischristmasjumpers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

There's a "Christmas Jumper Shop'' which is over the internet store, which is under the tattoo parlour, which is on top of the bookies, which is across the road from Cornucopia, on Wicklow St.

They might have some Christmas jumpers.

Advertisement