Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

local primary schools

Options
  • 14-12-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

We've a choice of st pats or ed together for our 4yo in junior infants next year. Heard ed together is a bit disorganised at the moment but you have to allow for teething problems even if that is true, which it may not be. Don't know much about st patricks. Can anyone offer an insight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

You've been offered a place in St. Patricks?
    Great school.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

St Kevins is Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

I will be applying for my dd next year, just wondering what makes St Kevins an excellant school- is it the teaching, ethos, extra curricular activities..? Any insight on this or any of the other schools is great to hear- thanks.

If you haven't applied for next year by now then you're too late. Applications are done during October and November the year before desired start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks Matt, not sure about the op, but I'm trying to get info now in advance of applying next year.

• Advertisement

St Patricks is C of I
    St Kevins, St Brigids and St Laurences are RC
    Then there is the Educate together and the Gaelscoil.
    You gotta balance what you want for your kid, school wise and what way you wish them to be educated. Talk to parents whose kids attend the schools would be your best bet. St PAtricks is very hard to get into unless you're Protestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

Delgany National School is a fantastic school too. My little guy started there in September and he loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

St Patricks is C of I
    St Kevins, St Brigids and St Laurences are RC
    Then there is the Educate together and the Gaelscoil.
    You gotta balance what you want for your kid, school wise and what way you wish them to be educated. Talk to parents whose kids attend the schools would be your best bet. St PAtricks is very hard to get into unless you're Protestant.

Hooray for state sanctioned discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Pixied wrote: »
    I will be applying for my dd next year, just wondering what makes St Kevins an excellant school- is it the teaching, ethos, extra curricular activities..? Any insight on this or any of the other scho

I am very happy with St Kevins, so far, my son only started in Sept. Seriously, every school in Greystones seems to be good, we are very lucky here. I do feel Ed Togs lack of uniform was a concern to me, it is security for teh children (not to mention, having to decide on an outfit daily) I just think a uniform is a good leveller too.

I think you will be happy whatever you choose

Advertisement