Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macros

Options
  • 14-12-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a small problem in excell which i heard can be solved with a macro.

I am getting a website done and it is pretty much finished except i cant update the products(8k plus lines in excell) as they have coded it slightly differently than the file i download.

1.Can a macro autoshift cells over?

2. I need to fill in data for 3 fields myself, now due to the size and the fact i could be doing this a few times a day i dont have the time to create 8k plus lines all the time. I have 3 fields stock ref, brand name & size type.

BrandName ProductName Size Type are the three extra fields. (all other fields are the same, these extra fields are all empty and i am supposed to fill them, but they will get wiped when i download my file every day.

These fields are blank but are needed for the site. Could i get a macro to autofill them.

i.e if stock ref is NIK/1234

could i get a macro to take the first three pre defined initials from that row and export them to say NIKE on the brand name row??

And take size type from department.

(attached one line from both in an excell sheet) sorry if this is confusing im waiting 5 days for the developers to get back to me and am missing out on 1000's in lost sales.

The first 2 lines is the excell sheet i download. Lines 4-5 are the one they made and have coded into the website.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

1. yes
    2. let me get this right: the fields in E4:Y4 alll exist in A1:V1 (with TYPE existing twice).
    You want the info pulled from the top range into the bottom range - will these be on different sheets?
    Will the file containing the macro be the same as the one downloaded?
    Can you please clarify the column mapping between row 1 and row 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

You want the info pulled from the top range into the bottom range - will these be on different sheets?

Hi they are different files i just put them in the one to try explain the situation.

If you look at the sheet attached i have put the 2 in different sheets.

The dev file is the one the developers made. They should have kept it the same as the ftp file but needed to add the three extra fields.

Yeah it night be easier to manage on different sheets as all i would have to do is add 1 sheet then run the macro?

As stock is sold in the stores the files values will change. I could just download the file and upload it but it needs a1,a2,a3.

see the new sheet, i hope this helps as its very hard to explain!

Advertisement