Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Arena Arcade

Options
  • 14-12-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hits XBox Live tomorrow (15th). Anyone picking it up? I will be out of curiousity. Gamertag is SabreO001.

Let's keep the elitism out of thread please....

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Quake with a controller? On the plus side, I hear gibs/blood are present. What is the new "Single player" campaign like though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Controller is tricky enough - but does feature a 180 button which is handy. The inability to select weapons quickly however :S Accuracy takes some getting used to. Doubt I'm going to be using LG or Rail much - shotgun is the order of the day!

Campaign is grand - essentially Quake 3 ported to XBox -> take on a series of arenas to a frag limit...Few of them feature a more strict time limit (rather than an hour!).

Don't think it's very popular - not many games going...And lag is VERY unpleasant if it happens!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Controller is tricky enough - but does feature a 180 button which is handy. The inability to select weapons quickly however :S Accuracy takes some getting used to. Doubt I'm going to be using LG or Rail much - shotgun is the order of the day!

Campaign is grand - essentially Quake 3 ported to XBox -> take on a series of arenas to a frag limit...Few of them feature a more strict time limit (rather than an hour!).

Don't think it's very popular - not many games going...And lag is VERY unpleasant if it happens!
    Yeah, it was stupid for the game to come with barely any promotion. So far, I'm loving it. Mainly because I want games like this to come back and bring an end to the whole "modern" scene when it comes to shooters.

As for the controller, I wrestled with it and I think I came out on top. Glad they didn't incorporate auto aim. Probably might've ruined the whole game for me.

Advertisement