Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red FM-Useless

Options
  • 14-12-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Might be wrong place to put this up but this crowd are useless. On the news they were reporting on Munster and the reporter said: "Munster had a good win over the Ospreys last Friday, but there preparation has been disrupted after Paul O'Connell was sent off for swinging out at Jonathan Travers. These lads dont have a clue. Another one from a couple of weeks ago, Sarsfield had just one the SHC final and on the news they reported "Glen Rovers have won the SHC final after defeating Sarsfield by..." You would think they would figure out there mistakes. 2 weeks later Sars beat the Glen again in the league quarter final and they said "Sars gained revenge for losing the county final when they beat Glen Rovers in the league last night.."They are so bad.

Comments

Shocking indeed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

A lot of the local stations are crap, even 2FM are guilty a lot of the time - when Tubridy & Shane O'Donoghue came on I used to scream at the radio 'just tell me the results and stop trying to be witty'.

I guess its because the readers are just that - readers - and have no interest in what it actually says. The worst I ever heard though was 96FM a few years ago for a ManU champions league match - I think the only fact they got correct was that ManU were playing, got the other clubs country wrong (can't remember right now), said ManU were in the next round (it was the league phase), the goal was scored by ROD Van Nisteltroy, and it was his 2nd of the season (it was def into double figures). Makes my blood boil - get it right or don't bother!

Emmmm.......oops! Rant over. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Red Fm and 96Fm are cronic. Ill be honest and say i wouldnt really be listening for the sport more for the music which is the same crap every day...You could guess which songs 96fm are going to play they never change and they overplay songs so u end up hateing them...4fm all the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gluckantanks

Yeah I couldn't believe the mistakes about Sars and Glen. :eek:
    During the Summer as well, for the sports news on Sundays, they used to just use the previous Sunday's news! Twas during the world cup and was blatantly obvious. Surely they could put in a small bit more effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Well after listening to the arrogant, 'know-it-all' presenter on Red FM last night, I've changed my view of the station. The only way I could describe him was 'irritating'.

He naively quoted the top ten teacher presents (as suggested by Debenhams) as if these were the gifts being given to teachers up and down the country - Hugely expensive Cashmere knitwear, Waterford Crystal etc etc. He spoke in derogatory terms about teachers (whom you'd swear were all asking for and receiving these ridiculous gifts). There was very little credence given to the fact that schools (all the ones I know at least) have asked parents NOT to give gifts. His tone was arrogant, sarcastic and irritating.

If that is the best Red FM can come up with, then I think they would be better advised to just play wall-to-wall music, rather than listening to that kind of tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

My advice to all this would be I-Pod FM :D Or maybe some other personal music storage device.

I used to listen to 96FM a fair bit but when I changed to a new car I just did not even bother looking for how to turn on the radio. My own thoughts and opinions are far more interesting - to ME anyhow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

I believe it may be Victor Barry you may be speaking of? Yes, he is irritating and he was particularly silly last night. A topic which should have been aimed at a small group of parents seemed to become a forum for bashing teachers. I heard him saying at one stage, something to the effect that he was going to retrain and become a teacher to enjoy these perks. I couldn't see Victor getting past the first hurdle in being accepted into teacher training, not to mention having the tact, the patience to deal with parents and children. Arrogance is not one of the qualities that will get him very far and he seems to be losing fans for the radio station rather than gaining them. Red FM take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

scifi77 wrote: »
    I believe it may be Victor Barry you may be speaking of? Yes, he is irritating and he was particularly silly last night. A topic which should have been aimed at a small group of parents seemed to become a forum for bashing teachers. I heard him saying at one stage, something to the effect that he was going to retrain and become a teacher to enjoy these perks. I couldn't see Victor getting past the first hurdle in being accepted into teacher training, not to mention having the tact, the patience to deal with parents and children. Arrogance is not one of the qualities that will get him very far and he seems to be losing fans for the radio station rather than gaining them. Red FM take note.

I was out in my car last night and heard the above. It was embarrassing! The poor guy sounds like a complete tool! As opposed to an incomplete tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Atlantic1 wrote: »
    I was out in my car last night and heard the above. It was embarrassing! The poor guy sounds like a complete tool! As opposed to an incomplete tool!

There is only one 'complete tool' in Cork talk-radio and he's on an extended of absence at the moment; hopefully never to return! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

There is only one 'complete tool' in Cork talk-radio and he's on an extended of absence at the moment; hopefully never to return! :cool:

Believe me, gunnerfitzy, I was under the same illusion as you until I heard the guy on Red FM on Thursday night. The guy was beyond embarrassing. It was cringe-worthy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the poor guy is trying to model himself on the other tool, by being deliberately controversial, in order to get some attention. I for one, will not be making the mistake of tuning in to Red FM again on any occasion when he's 'presenting' a show (or should I say, 'making a show of himself'). The words 'chip' and 'shoulder' spring to mind and there really is no place for that kind of behaviour on radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

...for using his tool in an inappropriate place. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

While I have enjoyed listening to VB in the past, his show last week where they spent 2 hours discussing the merits or otherwise of women farting wore thin pretty fast! Twenty minutes for the craic sure - but virtually the whole show?!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

This station is currently doing the rounds in my new job.

Does anyone else find that Dave Mac guy insanely irritating? He's usually on from about 11-2. He plays about three songs an hour and for the remaining time talks about these bull**** 'lighter-side-of-the-news' stories and rambles on until even he starts to lose interest.

Makes me want to throw the radio out the window..

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I'm disappointed really as I had high hopes for Red FM. With the quality (or lack of it) of some of the presenters, it's only going in one direction! If they could lose some of those clowns, it might get back on the right road. There's no need for the level of carry on I've heard (or heard about) lately, especially in the last week.

They say all publicity is good publicity but I'm afraid not in this case. VB and co would want to get a grip and remember that if they wish to retain any audience (outside their family members) then they'd want to act professionally, not like complete clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Red FMs playlist seems to consist of Rihanna and Katie Perry on rotation for the whole day. At work I'm forced to listen to this poor excuse for radio. God forbid they might actually play a song from the last century!

I actually think the most annoying thing abou the station is the female voice-over and that dramatic tone of hers. Please STFU!!!!

Advertisement