Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 E73 Error

• 14-12-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I just got this error today when I tried to turn my xbox on and I'm just wondering, is there anybody on here who can fix it or will I need to ring Microsoft?

The thing is, is that my xbox is flashed. It's flashed since September 2009 (1.41 I think) and I don't really want to send it back to Microsoft. Just looking to see if anybody knows how to fix it for me and maybe re-flash my xbox for me whilst at it as I wouldn't have a clue how to do it!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

LukeS_ wrote: »
    I just got this error today when I tried to turn my xbox on and I'm just wondering, is there anybody on here who can fix it or will I need to ring Microsoft?

The thing is, is that my xbox is flashed. It's flashed since September 2009 (1.41 I think) and I don't really want to send it back to Microsoft. Just looking to see if anybody knows how to fix it for me and maybe re-flash my xbox for me whilst at it as I wouldn't have a clue how to do it!

Thanks.
    If it's flashed then MS won't touch it.

In terms of getting it fixed elsewhere well you can temporarily fix it using fixes like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67sbmlJ2_ek. As the video says, it's not permanent though and will come back soon enough. A proper fix will probably set you back around €50 from third party sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

oh c'mon. Doing this kind of stupid fixes, stopping fans, towel tricks will make it worse! I know it is tempting, but it will fail again.
    There are few people in Console Modding forum sticky who can fix it properly without damaging it permanently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I feel your pain, I just got an E74 error an hour ago. Off to MS it goes. Estimated 2-3 week repair time. :mad: No xbox for Christmas :(

On a lighter note, thankfully I've just under three months left in the 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

docentore wrote: »
    oh c'mon. Doing this kind of stupid fixes, stopping fans, towel tricks will make it worse! I know it is tempting, but it will fail again.
    There are few people in Console Modding forum sticky who can fix it properly without damaging it permanently!
    Cheers for that. :D Didn't know whether or not to post in the nodding section as I thought that was for more advanced modding of the motherboard and such. :)
    Sarn wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I just got an E74 error an hour ago. Off to MS it goes. Estimated 2-3 week repair time. :mad: No xbox for Christmas :(

On a lighter note, thankfully I've just under three months left in the 3 year warranty.

I, luckily, have another Xbox as I bought my flashed one new, but it's not flashed. :( It doesn't have a HDMI port on it either so I'm sort of screwed. :( lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

gizmo wrote: »
    If it's flashed then MS won't touch it.

In terms of getting it fixed elsewhere well you can temporarily fix it using fixes like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67sbmlJ2_ek. As the video says, it's not permanent though and will come back soon enough. A proper fix will probably set you back around €50 from third party sources.

That looks way too complicated for me to do haha! I think I'm going to post in the modding section and see if anybody can help. :) Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

Sarn wrote: »

Hi. Did you ring up MS to get it collected or what did you do? I'm having no luck doing it online. Did you have to contribute to the cost of anything? Thanks.

Advertisement