Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's been the best year ever

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I had an OK year career wise I suppose for someone straight out of college.
    I got two short research projects that will allow me to pimp up my CV.
    I co-founded a company and got myself 33% of the equity.

Otherwise it was rather crappy.
    I only earned what I would have done on the dole.
    I only went out once a month on average.
    I spent an unhealthy amount of time trying to convince people on internet forums that the economy is fecked. Everyone knows this now anyways.

Bring on 2011. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Well 2010 has been the best year ever, for me anyway.

I finally got out of the job i hated and went to follow my dream. Back in college and loving every minute of it. I took me years to get it and i have finally made a start.

Looking forward to 2011. That can only get better. I would probably end up broke and selling myself on the streets but so long as i can get through college, il be fine.

Onwards and upwards. Im probably starting early but Happy Christmas.

Best year ever!

just as a matter of inerest...how much ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As long as I stil have my solid gold house and rocket car then 2011 should be a good year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Aw thats great to hear. Hope 2011 is great for you too

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

"I think I should get the last parachute because I'm great. In fact I think I should get both parachutes in case one fails"

"ooh, not a popular one there now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Well done OP!

2010 was a great year for me too. Got myself a good few more notches on the bedpost, paid off all my loans so I'm now debt free, got to go travelling around the US during the summer, moving to Melbourne next year starting a new job with the company I work for, Newcastle got promoted!

It's not doom and gloom for everyone. Looking forward to 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Well done, now that you have had your little taste of success to keep you happy you can now resume your normal life and get yourself back into the kitchen and clean up, wash dishes, make sandwiches, etc :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Well done OP!

2010 was a great year for me too. Got myself a good few more notches on the bedpost, paid off all my loans so I'm now debt free, got to go travelling around the US during the summer, moving to Melbourne next year starting a new job with the company I work for, Newcastle got promoted!

It's not doom and gloom for everyone. Looking forward to 2011

Tell that to Chris Hughton :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Can't see the next 2 years getting any better for me...

Can't wait till i graduate from college and feck off to another country which is less broke...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Yer'un to talk!

:pac:

Oy. What's wrong with my name??? (It's super-awesome-turbo-cool.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The first half of the year was great but the second half of this year hasn't been so good for me at all. I'm looking forward to when this year ends and next year begins...new fresh start I hope....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I got swine flu, carpal tunnel syndromme, a bad chest infection, under crazy pressure at work for a long time working 7 days a week, long hours. My relationship is currently crumbling apart.

But on the plus side I have been to LA(work), Las Vegas, San Diego, Fuerteventura and London twice(work).

Could be worse, but hopefully 2011 will be better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

He he...looking forward to the next "all men are bastards" and "I hate the world" thread from the OP....I'll give it a month....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

It's been an awful and a great year at the same time, boards has been very good to me this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

The first half of the year was great but the second half of this year hasn't been so good for me at all. I'm looking forward to when this year ends and next year begins...new fresh start I hope....

Snap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Love conquers all...

except afghanistan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

enda1 wrote: »
    Well, all in all, it was a poor year, though it has had its moments. Particularly on a personal note the continuation and cementation of the relationship of myself and my girlfriend.

I'm mad jealous, my missus won't let me cementate her, even when i beg!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

no job and no money yeah great fcuking year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You can bet the rent the OP will be back next year saying that she'd ended up being trapped in a lift for six months with only a Mars Bar and and bottle of lukewarm sick for company. Anyone who calls themselves HardLuckWoman deserves that at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've had a great year - Had a tough stint at the start with my FYP but finally graduated from college had a shíte enough summer working in bars and constantly doing interviews but got a job in Cork finally and even though it was shift work with no shift allowance I was just happy to have it.

Since then I've moved onto a proper 9-5, perfect job doing deskside support for a really nice company so I'm over the moon.

Been a tough graft of a year but I'm still happy, hopefully next year I'll fit in a holiday or two :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Big Mouth wrote: »
    Best year ever? Tosser, 99% have had a terrible year...i dont care about your "great" life......give me a shout when your on the street, might have a look and see if your up to spec

Adios Amigos

Jesus wept. "Up to spec"? "Adios Amigos"? I actually don't know where to begin! Congrats OP! I had a good year too :-)

Advertisement