Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get rent allowance/deposit before moving in to a place?

Options
  • 14-12-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have been assesed by the council as having a housing need (8 months pregnant and living with parents in a house with no heating!) and have viewed a place that i would like to rent. Everything is ready to go once i pay the deposit and a weeks rent in advance.

Does anyone know would i be able to get a deposit before moving in to a place or do i have to pay the deposit myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Very unlikely. For the simple reason that you may have to produce receipts. Is the allowance to be paid to you or the Landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

You could apply for a emergency once off payment from the community welfare officer.You may may not get it.Worth asking anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33 3roken

Thanks... I just decided to go into the CWO this morning and see, and she said once i had found somewhere to rent (which i had... landlord said he would hold it til end of the week) it would be no bother! \Just have to go back to her with the forms filled in tomorrow.

Advertisement